Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing speaker cables as well?
Hi,
going for a D200, I think about adapting speaker cables as well.

Coming from Spectral amps I have Transparent speaker cables.

Questions:
- Did anyone change speaker cables as well or did you stick to the cables you had before?
- If you changed, which cables did you choose?

(My Speakers: Wilson Sophia 3, any recommendation?)
My recommendation would be to change one thing at a time to see (hear) if there really is any improvements (especially when borrowing equipment or cables).

When I got my Devialet 200, it replaced my pre-amp, power amp and DAC but everything else stayed the same, including all my cables and sources. So far, with the same cables and sources, my system is sounding great and proved to be a real improvement over what I had before. Then when I get the time (probably during the winter months), I may decide to experiment with some better cables.

I have no experience with Transparent cables and often wonder what those boxes incorporated into their cables really do but a co-worker of mine uses these and swears by them.
well, I tried out different speaker cables, and was able to optimize the "old" system to a perfect setup.
Changing equipment (DAC; Amps) might start the game all over again.

The d200 with my transparent cables sounds beautiful, but the "audiophilia nervosis" tick is starting all over again :-)
My last speaker cable in depth comparison was years ago, but the cables with filter boxes sounded better than the ones without. They were MIT, which I believe Transparent based their products on at the beginning.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Amusing article. How to make a DIY copy of a Transparent Speaker cable. Interesting to see what is inside the actual 'network box' - just a 2.5 micro Henry inductor - and then at the output end of the cable there's a 1000 pF capacitor and a 31.7 ohm resistor.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-m...-XL-Speak/

More info on MIT and Transparent cables here

http://web.archive.org/web/2005122704303...whymit.asp
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I have Transparent speaker cables (Reference XL mm2). They sound great, needlless to say Smile
But keep in mind that Reference-series (mm2), are optimized according output and input impedances, so it´s individually matched to your gear.
Components used are simple, but how to do it, it costs.
Sonos - Devialet 200 - Dynaudio Evidence Temptation
I had tried and used both the Naim NACA5 and Linn's K20 cables until today. Purchased the entry level Siltech Explorer L90 cables. I would consider these affordable compared to some of the more exotic offerings from Siltech, Crystal Cables and Nordost, etc.

Very happy with the results. I feel it was a worthwhile expense...I meant investment !
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)