Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas update / opinions on sound?
So whats the general verdict on the Audio after the latest (1.5.0.1) update?

Seems to be a little more mid-range, but still miss the thick bass from before the last update.
(21-Dec-2015, 15:14)ChalleB Wrote: So whats the general verdict on the Audio after the latest update?

Seems to be a little more mid-range, but still miss the thick bass from before the last update.

To me the sound is a little more "analog"; yes, a little difference in the high low/low mid region.

But, as long I cannot compare the two individual Phantoms (both are updated now), maybe it is just wishful thinking. Or the change comes from the Dialog.

Who knows, I'm happy with it.
(21-Dec-2015, 15:35)jvi Wrote: To me the sound is a little more "analog"; yes, a little difference in the high low/low mid region.

But, as long I cannot compare the two individual Phantoms (both are updated now), maybe it is just wishful thinking. Or the change comes from the Dialog.

More balanced sound, very nice! Playing at 55 and not missing any bass. Good presence and presentation, nice details and awesome live feeling!
2x Phantom I Gold Opera de Paris 2.12.3 on Branch
(21-Dec-2015, 18:25)frenkb Wrote:
(21-Dec-2015, 15:35)jvi Wrote: To me the sound is a little more "analog"; yes, a little difference in the high low/low mid region.

More balanced sound, very nice! Playing at 55 and not missing any bass. Good presence and presentation, nice details and awesome live feeling!

Definitely a change to sound.  I agree more balanced.  But most importantly hissing problem that I was affected by, has been hugely reduced.  The loudest it gets was what volume 60+ was at.  So very happy with the firmware.
It sounds very, very good!!!!
What a great job devialet !!!