Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome Black
Just noticed Devialet have announced a new Chrome Black finish for the Expert Range.....
Saw that as well…

No other details at all.. looks like a darker color ..

Anyone else has more info?
Optical illusion
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(25-Jul-2021, 22:40)Pim Wrote: Optical illusion

You are most likely correct.  But, if you look at the details of each Expert Pro on the Devialet site, under Finish/Color it says 'Chrome Black'.   Go figure.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Based on the clear and detailed (as ever) information included on the Temple of Truth.  (Devialet Website)

See below for comparisons of the old finish (Black Chrome), with the new finish (Chrome Black).  Old images are taken from the upgrade page, I am assuming here that if you upgrade to Pro you do not get the benefit of upgrading from Black Chrome to Chrome Black.

As can be seen from the above the change from Black Chrome to Chrome Black is something to behold.

Although in the first comparison, the Chrome Black looks blacker than the Black Chrome, whereas in the second comparison the old Black Chrome looks a touch Blacker than the Chrome Black.  (Or does it?)

Time to upgrade to a new amp I think, I must have this.

That said, I always liked the old blue one best....

1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Chrome is shiny. The pictured aren't shiny, so either the colour hasn't changed and the pictured are just taken in a different light or the colour has changed and it's not chrome.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Good to see they release an upgrade. If you can call it that.
The Expert line seems alive somehow.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Nice, tempted to trade in my D250, the shiny Chrome is difficult to keep clean, picks up dirt and finger prints like no tomorrow.

I've seen matte black and white finished D250 from show photos long time ago, which they'd provide more color options.
Devialet Pro 250 Core Infinity; Meridian: Control15 (2), MS600 and 218 (3), Sooloos Core on QNAP, Roon Core on Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
Technics SL1200GAE, Audio Technica AT33PTG; Focal Utopia Scala; Transparent Reference cables; PS Audio P5 Regenerator (2), MIT in-wall conditioner
It says "New Finish" on the web site. Looks pretty good on the pictures.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
(26-Jul-2021, 23:06)frejo Wrote: It says "New Finish" on the web site. Looks pretty good on the pictures.

Yep. Just read it then at the top of the pictures. Strangely the pictures where it’s situated in a room they’re still shiny. Sucks if you’re about to upgrade to dual mono.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.