Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Silver Separation Problem
I have just updated my J series and  M series serial number silver phantoms to DOS 2. 
Discovered that only when they are physically next to each other they both register in Devialet app and can play in stereo (no AirPlay) but BT. 

As soon as I move one of them (doesn’t matter which one) around 8 feet away it gets lost off the app and stops working. When I bring them back to each other they both work. 

Anyone else had this problem as having them next to each other is not very practical and defects the objective of stereo. 

Thanks

Ps I’ve opened a ticket as to why airplay doesn’t work.
Very strange. One observation is that your J Phantom is now 3-4 years old and almost certainly pre-AirPlay. I seem to remember reading somewhere that if only one speaker in a stereo pair is AirPlay-capable it needs to be configured as the left one. Worth trying anyway.

The proximity thing is baffling though, the speakers communicate with each other via WiFi or PLC, not NFC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for advice. Seemed to have solved it as it appeared that both speaker network setting a where set to auto and when plugged together in same power strip they went to PLC comms. When I moved them to different outlet in same room they seemed to stay stuck on PLC (even though says Auto) and that is why one dropped off. Reset them both to WiFi and it worked....

Well I say worked as Devialet told me that AirPlay can only be supported by my dialog so I got it all working but the phantom that is not on the same power strip as the dialog is always dropping in and out of sound when playing from either airplay or upnp. I have tried all sorts to make it reliable but it’s really dodgy. There is about 10 feet between all devices.

Wish I had not upgraded from Spark ?
(28-Dec-2019, 02:32)Pioneer123 Wrote: Thanks for advice. Seemed to have solved it as it appeared that both speaker network setting a where set to auto and when plugged together in same power strip they went to PLC comms. When I moved them to different outlet in same room they seemed to stay stuck on PLC (even though says Auto) and that is why one dropped off. Reset them both to WiFi and it worked....

Well I say worked as Devialet told me that AirPlay can only be supported by my dialog so I got it all working but the phantom that is not on the same power strip as the dialog is always dropping in and out of sound when playing from either airplay or upnp. I have tried all sorts to make it reliable but it’s really dodgy. There is about 10 feet between all devices.

Wish I had not upgraded from Spark ?

That sounds very strange.  I would expect your M series Phantom Silver to be AirPlay-compatible, and therefore you shouldn't require the Dialog.  Have you tried configuring them as a stereo pair with the M-series unit as the Left speaker without the Dialog?  If so, does AirPlay appear in the list of sources under "Online"??
Yeah and it didn't work, Devialet support told me M series is not Airplay compatible so stuck with Dialog.

I find that stereo is a bit flaky as one channel is regularly dropping out. Playing them separately or together (i.e. not stereo) has no problems at all so it is not WiFi related.
(07-Jan-2020, 16:12)Pioneer123 Wrote: Yeah and it didn't work, Devialet support told me M series is not Airplay compatible so stuck with Dialog.

I find that stereo is a bit flaky as one channel is regularly dropping out. Playing them separately or together (i.e. not stereo) has no problems at all so it is not WiFi related.

I thought that when Devialet introduced AirPlay they did it across the range.  My K-series Golds are AirPlay-compatible.  Seems I was wrong.  I am really sorry I got your hopes up.   Sad