Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning Phantom Remote
I'm always very careful with my remote but for some reason today I can feel it 'sticking'. It's very hard to turn compared to usual, like a bearing with not enough oil.

Does anyone know how to clean it or open it to see what's going on?
I'm thinking of removing the batteries, waiting a bit and putting it in water for a few hours. Then pull it out, wait 48hrs for it to dry and see if it fixes the issue.
I would not recommend to drown the remote. Try spraying some cleaning fluid for electronics in the gap instead. Water is never a good solution. Have you contacted Devialet support and sought advice?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Have a search around on this forum. I have seen instructions for disassembling and cleaning the remote.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
After inspecting and testing the remote, I noticed that it turns fine without the batteries in.
For some reason the batteries are applying too much pressure and prevent it from turning properly.
(15-Feb-2018, 11:18)Jayyyy Wrote: After inspecting and testing the remote, I noticed that it turns fine without the batteries in.
For some reason the batteries are applying too much pressure and prevent it from turning properly.

I had the same after falling from the table. something is broken then inside the remote.
It was not possible to repair and i had to buy a new one.
(15-Feb-2018, 11:33)Johnnydev Wrote:
(15-Feb-2018, 11:18)Jayyyy Wrote: After inspecting and testing the remote, I noticed that it turns fine without the batteries in.

I had the same after falling from the table. something is broken then inside the remote.

It is indeed broken, I managed to open it, some little plastic clips broke off
(15-Feb-2018, 16:13)Jayyyy Wrote:
(15-Feb-2018, 11:33)Johnnydev Wrote:

It is indeed broken, I managed to open it, some little plastic clips broke off

By me it was the same

It is possible to repair it, see foto, not Nice but useble
@Johnnydev This is exactly what my remote looks like now. All scratched from the inside...
(05-Mar-2018, 20:34)Jayyyy Wrote: @Johnnydev This is exactly what my remote looks like now. All scratched from the inside...

Do something like this and you can use him
Not asking about cleaning the remote but how do you clean that gold metal of the phantom? I can't get the finger prints off, have used a eye glass cloth with a little bit of water and wipe it down but that area is covered by tiny swirl marks LOL. Can't see it with the naked eye but can see if you shine a iphone flash light on the surface. 

Man i hate that metal casing, would be so much better if its just all white or black so it doesn't scratch easy!!!