Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cnx2 to phantoms
@Snoopy8
So you connected the phantoms to the EtherRegen and the intel nuc and from there to a standard switch?
Did you use specific cables or just a generic cat 6-7 .
Before the EtherRegen and after did you notice a big difference?

An interesting article I read lately...
https://www.audiostream.com/content/ethe...e-1000-usd
(08-Jul-2020, 06:57)eladeb Wrote: @Snoopy8
So you connected the phantoms to the EtherRegen and the intel nuc and from there to a standard switch?
Did you use specific cables or just a generic cat 6-7 .
Before the EtherRegen and after did you notice a big difference?
I went through a number of variations and this was the DOS2 setup
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Found-Go...2#pid92582

I was using Monoprice Cat6 on the A side and a Supra Cat8 on the B side. I tried a Wireworld Cat8 and SOtM Cat7 but did not like the sound.

The EtherRegen gave a darker background and with less smearing of instruments. You could hear more detail, clarity.
hi
i am using phantom gold i use tidal and spotify via airplay? does adding a cxnv2 via a digital input make any difference to the sound? isn't Airplay lossless.
i thought using phantom gold via airplay wa the best option
please correct me if i am wrong
Hi @bluestar
im pretty sure that airplay is not the best way to go maybe airplay 2 (not supported at this moment) bupnp its 24/192
eladebHi @bluestar
im pretty sure that airplay is not the best way to go maybe airplay 2 (not supported at this moment) bupnp its 24/192

Hi thank you for answering. So what  do u suggest one should use to get most out of the phantoms ? I was under the impression that airplay via tidal is good enough as it does 16/44.
(09-Jul-2020, 17:07)bluestar Wrote: eladebHi @bluestar

Hi thank you for answering. So what  do u suggest one should use to get most out of the phantoms ? I was under the impression that airplay via tidal is good enough as it does 16/44.
For me, UPnP using wired Ethernet was best. Next Airplay then optical.

Looking at its bits and bitrate capability is not enough to determine what is better. You have to listen and compare.
I just bought myself few days ago rp3b with hifiberry digi pro+ with l2s chip ,it goes directly to phantom with optical and volumio installed.
Very nice setup but again it doesn't fills to me like a premium speaker .
And this is the most expensive system i ever owned!

Something else iv noticed is the overwhelming bass but not in the good way like low bass that overcome every other mid/high sound the the phantom producing.
When i get up from the couch the bass is changing to normal.

Super wierd
(Or not (: )
(10-Jul-2020, 18:27)eladeb Wrote: Something else iv noticed is the overwhelming bass but not in the good way like low bass that overcome every other mid/high sound the the phantom producing.
When i get up from the couch the bass is changing to normal.

Super wierd
(Or not (: )
The Phantoms should be treated like any other stereo speakers. Ideally use speaker stands and position them away from walls, not in corner. It appears that you have placement issues and bass modes/holes in the room. Can you please provide a photo of your Phantoms and a sketch of your room with details such as windows, doors, location of speakers, listening position etc.
(09-Jul-2020, 23:36)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(09-Jul-2020, 17:07)bluestar Wrote: eladebHi @bluestar

For me, UPnP using wired Ethernet was best.  Next Airplay then optical.

Looking at its bits and bitrate capability is not enough to determine what is better. You have to listen and compare.
hi 
can you please suggest what upnp u use , i am on iOS.
@Snoopy8
Pics attached .
The speaker are 2.26m apart
And 2.57m from the seating point in a triangle.
Stand hight 0.55cm from ground.