Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(09-Oct-2019, 05:41)hardcore Wrote:
(08-Oct-2019, 20:40)audio_engr Wrote: @kerkhoffd and @hardcore

The explanation AQ Technical Team gave me for the issues I was facing were that the 'new carbon 72V DBS' were configured slightly differently with the AQ Diamond cable wiring. And this was upsetting Devialet's clock hence they had to float the DBS connections with the Diamond which means DBS is still connected but it no longer interferes with Devialet's clock. 

Upgrade to Wild was a super great boost ... more silver content in the Diamond cable with even lesser noise ... just everything is 3x DiamondSmile

Thanks @audio_engr and @kerkhoffd. I realize one difference in our situations is that I'm using the standard RCA - RCA version whereas you guys are using the custom RCA to XLR one.

I don't think that matters @hardcore. The Diamond cable between my source and de Master Devialet had the same problem. That cable is terminated BNC to RCA. After AudioQuest switched the cable to the latest Diamond spec, but with the same termination, the problems were over. What the exact reason is why the old spec cables sometimes don't work, I don't know. Just know that the modification in how DBS is connected internally and/or the new better insulated cables solved a long running problem for me which caused a lot of frustration. Hope this helps you too.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

The explanation AQ Technical Team gave me for the issues I was facing were that the 'new carbon 72V DBS' were configured slightly differently with the AQ Diamond cable wiring. And this was upsetting Devialet's clock hence they had to float the DBS connections with the Diamond which means DBS is still connected but it no longer interferes with Devialet's clock. 

Upgrade to Wild was a super great boost ... more silver content in the Diamond cable with even lesser noise ... just everything is 3x DiamondSmile

@audio_engr Really stoked for you! Would have loved to have used Wild cables myself, but just could not bring myself to spend that much at that moment. Went out of my way to never be tempted to have a listen to them, as I know I would have craved for them more if I had. Interesting to hear the Wild makes such a difference inbetween the Devialets. I would have thought it would have mattered the most used between source and Master. Anyway, happy for you you got this tremendous gesture from AudioQuest.

(Love the Redwood too btw)
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(11-Oct-2019, 09:50)kerkhoffd Wrote:

@audio_engr Really stoked for you! Would have loved to have used Wild cables myself, but just could not bring myself to spend that much at that moment. Went out of my way to never be tempted to have a listen to them, as I know I would have craved for them more if I had. Interesting to hear the Wild makes such a difference inbetween the Devialets. I would have thought it would have mattered the most used between source and Master. Anyway, happy for you you got this tremendous gesture from AudioQuest.

(Love the Redwood too btw)

The Redwood once again compliments the setup well ... And, yes AQ has now moved on with their mythical creatures but I am done with cables at least for quite sometime ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US