Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion inputs
Did anyone successfully create a new D800 configuration from the Configurator with inputs on the Companion enabled?
When I first got my Companion, I created an entirely new config on my own SD cards, but it didn't work.
I substituted the cards supplied with the Companion and they worked just fine, but no inputs on the Companion enabled.
I edited the SD card file for the Master on the Configurator for some simple changes, and it still worked.
But you cannot edit the Companion configuration by uploading it into Configurator - it is not supported.
I tried several different configs from scratch with inputs on the Companion enabled, created by the Configurator - none worked.
The Companion displays D800 when plugged into the mains, but when I switch on from the remote, only the Master powers up.
I sent my files off to Devialet who asked me to send them a screenshot of the configurator when I had created them.
That was a couple of days ago, so I'm not sure if they are busy or if it may really be a Configurator issue.
If you do decide to go ahead and do this, anyone, let me know how you get on.
If I hear from Devialet, I will post it.
Start from scratch in the configurator. Select D800, this shows both the master and slave in the GUI. Select and set up the inputs etc. as you need. Make sure the "use inputs from slave" box is seleced on the digital connection. When you select an input on the slave, the "link" will appear between the master and slave (next to the power connecters). Create the master SD card, then create a slave SD card, insert into the appropriate Devialet, switch on, and all should be well. Also, make sure you do actually connect the link cable if you are using inputs on the slave, strange things happen if you don't. This is a 3.5mm jack to jack cable, that connects to the "trig in" socket of the master and then to the opposite socket on the slave.. It's one of those things that is fairly easy when you know how. Unless you do actually have a technical fault or similar.
OK thanks, Confused, I am now in business.
I think the fault was that I had not inserted one of the plugs on the 3.5mm interconnect fully home, it turned out to be a tight fit. It was in the correct socket, but not fully home.

Once I had done that, it powered on perfectly and I now see the input on the Companion when I page through on the remote.

So if anyone else gets these symptoms, that is what may be wrong.

Thanks again!
Enjoy your 800!