Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion makes a buzzing sound.
(17-Aug-2015, 20:26)octaviars Wrote:
(16-Aug-2015, 17:25)Cosmosound Wrote: it shouldn't be warm my friend.
I deal with them every day, so they get little bit warm after continues playing in the store. How do you have it installed?  is there enough room around it?

I dont really understand what you mean with they shouldent be warm? Do you mean when they are shut off or when they are on? Others that I have asked says that their amps are warm even when they are off and Devialet said that this is normal. They are in a rack on seperate shelves but it is built in to the wall so the cooling could be better.

The temps listed are very similar to that I get from my D800, if say restarted after being on standby for a day or two, quite normal.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-Aug-2015, 22:10)Mikeeo Wrote:
I deal with them every day, so they get little bit warm after continues playing in the store. How do you have it installed?  is there enough room around it?

I dont really understand what you mean with they shouldent be warm? Do you mean when they are shut off or when they are on? Others that I have asked says that their amps are warm even when they are off and Devialet said that this is normal. They are in a rack on seperate shelves but it is built in to the wall so the cooling could be better.

Fredrik,

No noise at all in my units and if it suddenly occurred in one of yours, the unit has some problem, return on warranty!  Maybe the power filter board problem reported elsewhere in this forum.

/Mike

The noise has been there all the time in my companion and Devialet says that it is nothing wrong with it. Some cover in the powersupply that makes the noise if I dont remember wrong or somthing like that. You can only hear it when you are really close to it.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(18-Aug-2015, 08:24)octaviars Wrote:

Fredrik,

No noise at all in my units and if it suddenly occurred in one of yours, the unit has some problem, return on warranty!  Maybe the power filter board problem reported elsewhere in this forum.

/Mike

The noise has been there all the time in my companion and Devialet says that it is nothing wrong with it. Some cover in the powersupply that makes the noise if I dont remember wrong or somthing like that. You can only hear it when you are really close to it.

I certainly would not be happy with that response!

Insist on an inspection - what about a dealer?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(18-Aug-2015, 08:24)octaviars Wrote:

Fredrik,

/Mike

OK, but some cover they say, so what I say, with a switched psu shouldn't be. With a transformator buzzing from noisy 50/60 Hz feeding, yes! 
I repeat, I do  ot have any noise in my units. If I remember correct, you installed dedicated mains so noisy mains should be small or none.

/M
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
It is some part of the PSU that makes the sound I have seen others with the same problem just dont remember exactly what it is. I can mail Devialet again and se if the say the same thing this time.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

It's the small ferrites inside the PSU. It's been discussed on this site multiple times and there even is/was a support article about it on the Devialet website.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(18-Aug-2015, 18:28)Antoine Wrote: It's the small ferrites inside the PSU. It's been discussed on this site multiple times and there even is/was a support article about it on the Devialet website.

I have tried to find it on Devialet site but can not do that......

Think this is what they wrote, found it in another thread. 

Quote:Although there are no moving parts inside a Devialet, you may hear in some cases an extremely soft noise in stand-by. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. It is caused by the vibration of some ferrite elements in the power supply. The level of this extremely low noise varies from unit to unit. Again, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Got a answer from Devialet today and they wanted me to record the sound and send it to them but my companions noise is so faint that it is hard to seperate it from the noise in the background.

Second system

(18-Aug-2015, 18:54)Foctaviars Wrote:
(18-Aug-2015, 18:28)Antoine Wrote: It's the small ferrites inside the PSU. It's been discussed on this site multiple times and there even is/was a support article about it on the Devialet website.

Quote:Although there are no moving parts inside a Devialet, you may hear in some cases an extremely soft noise in stand-by. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. It is caused by the vibration of some ferrite elements in the power supply. The level of this extremely low noise varies from unit to unit. Again, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Got a answer from Devialet today and they wanted me to record the sound and send it to them but my companions noise is so faint that it is hard to seperate it from the noise in the background.

Yes the Devialet link is here: 

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...n-stand-by-

David
Rep[b]Replyly[/b]
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(18-Aug-2015, 19:06)brit Wrote:

David
Rep[b]Replyly[/b]

Thank you, did not look to well I see that now..... Confused

Second system

(18-Aug-2015, 19:33)octaviars Wrote:
(18-Aug-2015, 19:06)brit Wrote:

David
Rep[b]Replyly[/b]

Thank you, did not look to well I see that now..... Confused

Not a problem, the Devialet on-line Help web site is a bit of a shambles to say the least  Huh.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK