Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparing Expert Pro to SOtM+Mutec
My dealer finally lent me an Expert Pro CI which I am trying to compare to my set-up with a non-pro expert (see my signature). The only thing is that I can't get AIR working.

I used to use AIR for many years and I usually had no problems but now, when I right click the icon the name of the expert pro remains grey, I cannot choose it. 
In Windows, I switched off all firewalls and even allowed access through the firewalls - totally unnecessary. 

What else do I need to do? I can see the Dev in Roon and can also start playing on it as the output device, just no sound as AIR is not connected. 
Any ideas?

Thanks 
Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
The answer to this may depend on which firmware version you are using in the Pro. I had a seemingly identical issue when I was comparing Roon AIR to the SOtM kit. I would listen streaming to the SOtM sMS-200, I would switch to Roon AIR and get silence. I tried everything, nothing worked. I desperation, I fully powered down the Devialets (literally turned off at the mains), and this worked, beautiful music flowed. I could then switch between the sMS-200 and Roon AIR with no issues, but occasionally Roon AIR would not work, and when it stops working then that is it, nothing but a "hard reset" seemed to work. It also seemed to get upset if you tried to switch between standard Windows AIR and Roon AIR. Maybe this is your issue? If you are using Roon AIR there is no need to run the AIR app on the PC, this can upset Roon AIR. This was on the Beta firmware, I have not switched to the latest firmware yet.

Anyway, I hope you get AIR up and running, I am certainly looking forward to your observations. As it happens, I have made a couple of tweaks to my system and I was planning to have a rerun of the Roon AIR versus SOtM Mutec A/B test myself this weekend.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Uninstall Air for Windows completely as Roon uses its own one which the Devialet one interferes with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(22-Jun-2018, 16:52)NickB Wrote: Uninstall Air for Windows completely as Roon uses its own one which the Devialet one interferes with.

This helped. Thank you.

Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500