Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence c4 & Devialet
Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody tried Devialet in combination with Dynaudio Confidence c4?
Also, i am interested which model of devialet you have with your Confidence c4?

I just bought a pair of confidence c4 and I am looking for the right amplifier.

Thanks for your opinion.
Years ago I heard the C1's and was very impressed. I thought the C4's would be good to have in my then still to be built (now nearly finished) large living room. I own the C1's and have listened to the C4's in many setups at dealers. Only to be disappointed by the sound. The common denominator was that every time they just didn't have the right amp in store. And because I wasn't ready to buy I didn't want to waste the dealer's time to ask for them to find something better.

I did hear the C2's at the end of Parasound JC1's (400Watt into 8 Ohm) and they sounded fantastic. So I assume that with amplifiers that can deliver the current they need the C4 would do the job and do it well. I you're looking at Devialet I would at least go the 400/440Pro but not without a try. If you want to be sure, go the 800/1000Pro.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(05-May-2017, 10:02)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Years ago I heard the C1's and was very impressed. I thought the C4's would be good to have in my then still to be built (now nearly finished) large living room. I own the C1's and have listened to the C4's in many setups at dealers. Only to be disappointed by the sound. The common denominator was that every time they just didn't have the right amp in store. And because I wasn't ready to buy I didn't want to waste the dealer's time to ask for them to find something better.

I did hear the C2's at the end of Parasound JC1's  (400Watt into 8 Ohm) and they sounded fantastic. So I assume that with amplifiers that can deliver the current they need the C4 would do the job and do it well. I you're looking at Devialet I would at least go the 400/440Pro but not without a try. If you want to be sure, go the 800/1000Pro.

Thanks for your feedback. In fact I was searching a lot and I haven't found any page or reviews about devialet & confidence c4. In the next days i'll get a test with Devialet expert 200 (one of my friends have it) and i'll let you know the first impression. Of course if I am going to choose Devialet I'll take at least D400/440 Pro. Maybe d200 it's not enough for confidence c4 but I am very curios which will be the result.

Meantime if anybody has some other feedback please feel free to share with us.
(04-May-2017, 14:03)costintdan Wrote: Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody tried Devialet in combination with Dynaudio Confidence c4?
Also, i am interested which model of devialet you have with your Confidence c4?

I just bought a pair of confidence c4 and I am looking for the right amplifier.

Thanks for your opinion.

Hi,
   Haven't heard the C4 with Devialet, but I've heard my friend's Dynaudio Evidence Temptations driven by my Dev 200 (at the time) and it had no trouble at all in a large room. I heard the C4 at an audio show with Bryston amps - don't know which model - and it was one of the best sounds at the show, though they had obviously done some work on room treatments which many other exhibitors didn't bother with.
  Cheers,
    Graeme
Roon Lifetime, HQPlayer with Acourate RC,Devialet 220 Pro,Synology NAS,AcourateNAS, MinimServer,Moon Mind 180 AES/EBU currently w. Canare Cable,W7 PC JRiver 20, AcouratePro, 15' Belkin USB. Linn LP12,Cetech,OL1,Denon 103R,VAF Signature i66 Mk.11,VAF Gravitas SW
(05-May-2017, 10:40)costintdan Wrote:
(05-May-2017, 10:02)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Years ago I heard the C1's and was very impressed. I thought the C4's would be good to have in my then still to be built (now nearly finished) large living room. I own the C1's and have listened to the C4's in many setups at dealers. Only to be disappointed by the sound. The common denominator was that every time they just didn't have the right amp in store. And because I wasn't ready to buy I didn't want to waste the dealer's time to ask for them to find something better.

I did hear the C2's at the end of Parasound JC1's  (400Watt into 8 Ohm) and they sounded fantastic. So I assume that with amplifiers that can deliver the current they need the C4 would do the job and do it well. I you're looking at Devialet I would at least go the 400/440Pro but not without a try. If you want to be sure, go the 800/1000Pro.

Thanks for your feedback. In fact I was searching a lot and I haven't found any page or reviews about devialet & confidence c4. In the next days i'll get a test with Devialet expert 200 (one of my friends have it) and i'll let you know the first impression. Of course if I am going to choose Devialet I'll take at least D400/440 Pro. Maybe d200 it's not enough for confidence c4 but I am very curios which will be the result.

Meantime if anybody has some other feedback please feel free to share with us.

My 200 did alright with my C4's but since I got the Od'A it just got better. In short; the better the amp, the better the C4's sound.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hello,

Finally last night I did some testing with D200. The final result was not as I expected. In my opinion, there is no matching between D200 and C4. Anyhow I knew from the beginning that C4 are not so easy to match.
Last weeks I had many testing with different Class D amplifiers: Tact Millennium, Nad M2. The best results I had was with Nad M2.
However in the coming weeks I'll do some testing also with some other Class A amplifiers (Accuphase, Chord, Luxman).

Keep you posted.
I just noticed I made a typo above. What I meant to write was:

My 200 did alright with my C1's but since I got the Od'A it just got better. In short; the better the amp, the better the C1's sound.

I don't know how much you want to spend it wouldn't hurt trying the Parasound JC1's. They're a very reasonably priced amp for what you get.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I have to say I am not that surprised with @costintdan's comments in post #6. Back in 2013 I tried very many different amplifiers of all types, sizes and prices with the KEF Blade. The very worst was the Devialet D170 (as it was then), it just simply did not work with the rather demanding Blades. The very best, or at least the amp I chose to buy, was the Devialet D240. As a hunch, I suspect the C4's would be superb with a D250 / 400 / 800 /1000. I think the issue is that if you get a speaker that the D200 struggles with, it does not sound good. Although to be clear, I have listed to D200 powered systems that sound absolutely superb, it's just when the amp struggles to work with a particular speaker things go wrong, which is what I suspect may have happened with the C4's. One last point, I was lucky enough to have a demo of the C4's once, this was with big Musical Fidelity amps (not particularly expensive) and a Naim front end. It was one of those demos where I can remember thinking this sounds good, I could easily live with these speakers. A very memorable demo, I'm sure that if you get the amplification and set up right the C4's would be excellent.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Constintdan

I have Confidence C4's driven by 440 Pro.  I upgraded from the 400's late last year.
Very very happy.  Plenty of power to drive the Dyn's.
I am not an audiophile technocrat but know I love the sound.  Big soundstage with great clarity.  Very revealing.
I've never felt that I needed more than the 400's/440's.
The Dyns are capable of a very big sound and the 440 Pro doesn't fail.
I have C1 signature driven by dyn 220pro and they play fantastic , they Are great with Jazz ,blues yes all kind of music . I Can say dynaudio speakers Are great .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,