Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect 2x Phantom I and 2x Phantom II in one room?
Hello, I'm current using a stereo pair with the following setup:

(Phantom 1 103db) ---- (wifi) ---- (Phantom 1 103 db) ---- (Optical cable) ---- (PC optical)

I'm using PLC for the network intefaces and everything is working fine so far.

However, as I'm using Phantom(s) as PC speakers via optical cable connection, is it possible that I add 2 more Phantom II 98 db (stereo pairing) and use them as surrounding speakers in the back? Is it possible that I stream the sound to all 4 speakers after connectting them as 2 Stereo Pairs in one room (eg: living room with 4 speakers)? I want to use 4 speakers for more surround sound when I watch movies or play games. Please advise
Blush
You can't connect two pairs in one room, but you can divide the pairs into two rooms and use them for surround. That's what I do, and it's working like a charm. Does you soundcard have surround outputs? The Phantom can't decode surround so you'll need to feed the speakers with the surround channels you want to use.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Nov-2021, 13:08)ragwo Wrote: You can't connect two pairs in one room, but you can divide the pairs into two rooms and use them for surround. That's what I do, and it's working like a charm. Does you soundcard have surround outputs? The Phantom can't decode surround so you'll need to feed the speakers with the surround channels you want to use.

I'm using the Creative Sound blaster X3, not sure about the surround outputs that you mention...

If I divide them into 2 rooms, how can I make them sound together from the only source (my PC)? I am still confused...
You'll need a soundcard that has individual outputs for the surround channels. You'll feed the speakers in the back with surround L+R and your front speakers with L+R. If your soundcard only has analogue outputs you'll need to convert the signal to optical with an analogue to digital converter(ADC).
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage