Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Bluesound Vault2i to D200
Hi

I got a Bluesound Vault 2i as a gift and would like to find out what is the best way to connect it to the D200 for best SQ? I have been using a Sony Z1ES streamer with its USB out. the Vault 2i doesn’t seem to have a USB digital out and I don’t want to use the analog output to avoid 2 D/A conversions.

Any help would be appreciated.
--- JayR

Acer Aspire / Sony SCD-777ES -- Devialet D-200 -- Audio Physic Virgo 25
Looks like the Vault 2i has both coax and optical digital out, so either of those could be connected directly to your D200.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Is there any SQ difference between the two? Planning on getting a dlgital coax to try out first.

Much appreciated
--- JayR

That's a subjective question so, given that you've only the cost of one extra cable to find out, it may be worth trying both options to see whether you hear a difference and if so which you prefer.
Warwickshire, UK
I configured the Digital 2 input on the Devialet and connected the Vault 2ibto it using a Transparent Digital Coax cable. If I stream Spotify from the Vault 2i and select Digital 2 input in the D200, I get NO sound at all. The USB input using the Sony HAPZ1ES works fine.

Any insight into what I might be doing wrong?
--- JayR

That seems strange. Does the digital output have to be enabled somehow on the Vault (for example, by using the BluOS Controller app)? Maybe worth trying a (cheap) optical cable if you have one.
Warwickshire, UK
Not sure. I went through the setup options on the Vault 2i and did not see any option to enable the digital coax output. I thought all outputs are active at all times. I am planning to try both the optical as well as the analog outputs on the Vault to see if I get any sound at all from them.

Will post results later.
--- JayR