Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting to my turntable
Sorry if i come across clueless i have a Phantom classic silver with an optical input. My brother passed away but left me a Michell Technodeck and i would like to play is record collection through the speaker.

what do i need to do to make this work.

Thanks 

Lorne
(20-Oct-2020, 20:25)halfo46860 Wrote: Sorry if i come across clueless i have a Phantom classic silver with an optical input. My brother passed away but left me a Michell Technodeck and i would like to play is record collection through the speaker.

what do i need to do to make this work.

Thanks 

Lorne

I'm very sorry for your brother.

You need a phono preamp with a digital output like this one https://www.project-audio.com/en/product...x-e-phono/

Then you can use an optical cable to connect to your Phantom and play the record to the phantom.

Please note that this link is only for giving you an example. I don't own one nor a turntable, so I don't have any idea of the quality. There are cheaper ones and much more expensive ones.
Also if I read correctly this box works for MM cartridges. If yours is an MC would you need a different box, similar but with different specs.

Best regards,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France