Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core Infinity confusion
Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing a brand new 130 pro, that is on sale for a fantastic price (30% off), however I'm just a little confused. Will Devialet eventually begin shipping the CI boards as standard on all Pro models (perhaps why this is on sale?) or will it always be an optional extra upgrade, that you need to order, or ship your existing Unit back for an upgrade ?

Thanks!
If you're buying new from a dealer it should have the CI board already installed.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(22-Mar-2018, 11:51)blodsbror Wrote: Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing a brand new 130 pro, that is on sale for a fantastic price (30% off), however I'm just a little confused. Will Devialet eventually begin shipping the CI boards as standard on all Pro models (perhaps why this is on sale?) or will it always be an optional extra upgrade, that you need to order, or ship your existing Unit back for an upgrade ?

Thanks!

Maybe it is "old" new stock without the CI board installed, hence the 30% reduction? You should check this out with the seller to be absolutely sure. As @David A states, if brand new stock then CI board should already be installed. 

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Still a good deal. Devialet will perform the CI upgrade at no cost to you (if it hasn't already been done). I think you would just need to register it on Devialet.com with you as the owner, but certainly get that verified before buying. If it doesn't already have the CI board, Devialet will handle logistics to get it shipped for the upgrade and returned to you at no cost to you.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Thanks guys. Do we know if Devialet will stop offering the free upgrade at a certain date ?