Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crackling noise when changing volume
I've just noticed a crackling noise in my Gold Phantoms when changing volume in Spark. It's present on the optical inputs and when streaming Tidal. Haven't tried other input options yet. The crackling is easiest heard when changing volume fast up/down when it's quite loud (50-70) and playing a track with low recording volume. It's very noticable on Tord Gustavsen Trio - Journey Of Life or I Refuse or tracks with quiet passages. The crackling appears when using Spark or the Devialet remote for volume changes.

I haven't noticed the crackling before and wonders if it's a bug in the new FW/Spark. I'll contact Devialet Support and report back.
Has anyone experienced something similar?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(26-Nov-2017, 20:38)Pragwo Wrote: I've just noticed a crackling noise in my Gold Phantoms when changing volume in Spark. It's present on the optical inputs and when streaming Tidal. Haven't tried other input options yet. The crackling is easiest heard when changing volume fast up/down when it's quite loud (50-70) and playing a track with low recording volume. It's very noticable on Tord Gustavsen Trio - Journey Of Life or I Refuse or tracks with quiet passages. The crackling appears when using Spark or the Devialet remote for volume changes.

I haven't noticed the crackling before and wonders if it's a bug in the new FW/Spark. I'll contact Devialet Support and report back.

I’m having the same issue when using Spark. No noise when using remote. Also they don’t seem to be working on fixing the cracking sound when using AirPlay. The Bug report has been submitted several times, no response yet.
Devialet 1000PRO CI,  Canton Reference 2.2DC, REL Carbon Special, Inakustik LS 2404 AIR, Digital, Ansuz MainzA2, 2x Gold Phantoms on Trees, Simaudio Moon 430HAD, Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton Rognir Dynamic

(26-Nov-2017, 21:01)liquitech Wrote:
(26-Nov-2017, 20:38)Pragwo Wrote: I've just noticed a crackling noise in my Gold Phantoms when changing volume in Spark. It's present on the optical inputs and when streaming Tidal. Haven't tried other input options yet. The crackling is easiest heard when changing volume fast up/down when it's quite loud (50-70) and playing a track with low recording volume. It's very noticable on Tord Gustavsen Trio - Journey Of Life or I Refuse or tracks with quiet passages. The crackling appears when using Spark or the Devialet remote for volume changes.

I’m having the same issue when using Spark. No noise when using remote. Also they don’t seem to be working on fixing the cracking sound when using AirPlay. The Bug report has been submitted several times, no response yet.

I can't wait for them to fix the airplay crackle issue, Spark is fine but I like the Tidal interface a lot better. Especially the ability to see "suggested tracks" and go back and forth between album and playlist songs without having to go through the "home" screen of the spark interface