Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom shocked, what can i do ?
Sad 
Hi guys,

One of my phantom was shocked. Now that I killed my wife for this, I'm searching for a way to fix my phantom.

I think of a small suction cup... Any ideas ? ( Pictures attached )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(23-May-2018, 19:55)martin_a Wrote: Hi guys,

One of my phantom was shocked. Now that I killed my wife for this, I'm searching for a way to fix my phantom.

I think of a small suction cup... Any ideas ? ( Pictures attached )

Damn... pff but I don’t think a pulling force will do any good. I think it will do more harm. No household insurance?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Is that part made of metal? If it was the door of a car I'd pour boiling water on it.

I think whatever you do at this point runs the risk of making it worse…
I had this on one of my Phantoms after it rolled over onto its own mains cable... and I never worked out how to pull it out. Tried attaching sticky things to it, but the metal is too strong there.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
That section should be a hard plastic. It should pull back out but the problem is that the mid range is sitting on a flexible rubber-like back plate which moves. So pulling it will move the whole driver and risk detaching it which doesn’t leave much leverage for removing a dent.

I have seen people repair the woofers at professional dent removal shops, they look as good as new but I’ve never seen a repair on the mid range. It’s harder due to the smaller surface area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)