Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Reactor and Dante
I forgot to mention that in my hunt for an all native dante solution for my home theaters, I stumbled across DataSat. They have processors that can accept cards to allow them to communicate with the dante network. But they are crazy expensive... :-(
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(10-Apr-2020, 12:59)booshtukka Wrote: Feels like the Anthem AVM 60 is the way to go. But then Dante wouldn’t really add anything - I could just run analogues to the ins on the reactors?

My AV cupboard is super shallow. Sad if I put the anthem on its side would it catch fire?
I have recommended the AVM60 for someone to use in a Dante network. Anthem Room Correction is very good. And the AVM60 is best placed normally because it does get warm. It will likely be too hot of put on side.

The JBL SDP-55 uses Dirac Live, and is probably the cheapest box that converts from digital to Dante.

(10-Apr-2020, 13:03)booshtukka Wrote: Also does it output to the 2 HDMI outs at the same time?
I believe so, but contact Anthem to confirm.

(10-Apr-2020, 15:18)njaiswal Wrote: I forgot to mention that in my hunt for an all native dante solution for my home theaters, I stumbled across DataSat.  They have processors that can accept cards to allow them to communicate with the dante network.  But they are crazy expensive... :-(
Good to know they can accept a card to communicate using Dante.
If you are using Apple TV as your main source for TV content, it has an option for Audio Sync.
Also I found this site which lists a bunch of controllers that can integrate with Dante.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa...olby-atmos
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
I know Apple TV has audio sync, but that will never get me surround which is the longterm goal.

That's a great site, njaiswal, but nothing there to decode the surround stream in the first place. More and more it's looking like your option is the best one, which still seems crazy to me! You can get a 7.1 receiver for like £400 (which does a lot more than I'm looking for). I just want one of those which outputs via Dante, and has everything else removed. Smile
(13-Apr-2020, 21:11)booshtukka Wrote: I know Apple TV has audio sync, but that will never get me surround which is the longterm goal.

That's a great site, njaiswal, but nothing there to decode the surround stream in the first place. More and more it's looking like your option is the best one, which still seems crazy to me! You can get a 7.1 receiver for like £400 (which does a lot more than I'm looking for). I just want one of those which outputs via Dante, and has everything else removed. Smile
I know right?  I would be awesome to have a fully digital dante implementation.  Until the price comes down or until one of my processors die, I'm stuck using the Audinate XLR dongles; which sound amazing IMHO.
(14-Apr-2020, 00:13)njaiswal Wrote:
(13-Apr-2020, 21:11)booshtukka Wrote: I know Apple TV has audio sync, but that will never get me surround which is the longterm goal.

I know right?  I would be awesome to have a fully digital dante implementation.  Until the price comes down or until one of my processors die, I'm stuck using the Audinate XLR dongles; which sound amazing IMHO.

Is it very difficult to market a Dante-based, consumer "AV receiver" for speakers like the Phantoms, and make it relatively simple to set up and affordable? I wonder why nobody in the consumer home theater business has developed it yet.
(12-May-2020, 17:38)misterhon Wrote: Is it very difficult to market a Dante-based, consumer "AV receiver" for speakers like the Phantoms, and make it relatively simple to set up and affordable? I wonder why nobody in the consumer home theater business has developed it yet.
Dante requires Ethernet to be cabled for all the components and a PoE switch added. Most consumers will not want to set this up in the home. There is also the additional cost to the AVR.
(12-May-2020, 23:58)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(12-May-2020, 17:38)misterhon Wrote: Is it very difficult to market a Dante-based, consumer "AV receiver" for speakers like the Phantoms, and make it relatively simple to set up and affordable? I wonder why nobody in the consumer home theater business has developed it yet.
Dante requires Ethernet to be cabled for all the components and a PoE switch added. Most consumers will not want to set this up in the home. There is also the additional cost to the AVR.

For a small setup, you can get around the PoE requirement using a cheap power injector for each port. Not sure what to make of the AVR costs, though.
(13-May-2020, 02:34)misterhon Wrote:
(12-May-2020, 23:58)Snoopy8 Wrote:

For a small setup, you can get around the PoE requirement using a cheap power injector for each port. Not sure what to make of the AVR costs, though.
Same thinking here, it looks Devialet makes it very hard to use their speakers for surround reproduction instead of suggesting some options to customers and make everybody save time. I am still considering switching to Devialet but the uncertainties for surround compatibility are high. This thread is super helpful, thanks!
Surround preamp: Integra DTC 9.8 Speakers: Devialet Phantom II Custom, Streamer/DAC: Volumio Primo, TV: LG 55EF950V