Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyberlink Power Media Player
This is probably going to prove to be the random stupid post of the day....   But here goes.

My PC appears from nowhere to have acquired Cyberlink Power Media Player.  Not something I have downloaded, maybe appeared with the Windows 10 upgrade?  It is a Music player with WASAPI, so maybe of some use?  Although I don't really need another media player, and I can't imagine it offers anything that would improve on JRiver.

This appeared on my screen tonight when I entered a new CD for ripping.  Has anyone got any idea how this has appeared from nowhere?  Does it have any uses?  I'm tempted just to uninstall the thing!
(21-Aug-2015, 20:13)Confused Wrote: This is probably going to prove to be the random stupid post of the day....   But here goes.

My PC appears from nowhere to have acquired Cyberlink Power Media Player.  Not something I have downloaded, maybe appeared with the Windows 10 upgrade?  It is a Music player with WASAPI, so maybe of some use?  Although I don't really need another media player, and I can't imagine it offers anything that would improve on JRiver.

This appeared on my screen tonight when I entered a new CD for ripping.  Has anyone got any idea how this has appeared from nowhere?  Does it have any uses?  I'm tempted just to uninstall the thing!

I assume that this is what you have? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/ap...zdncrfj0wd. Doesn't seem very useful to me Dodgy.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Correct David! I'm guessing it was bundled with the original PC, but somehow the Windows 10 upgrade has changed settings or links somewhere and brought it to life.
(21-Aug-2015, 20:56)Confused Wrote: Correct David!  I'm guessing it was bundled with the original PC, but somehow the Windows 10 upgrade has changed settings or links somewhere and brought it to life.

Um, I have not long installed Windows 10 myself and, prompted by your post, have just checked through all the apps that seem to have been downloaded with it, but do not have the Cyberlink Media Power Player, nor have I yet - thank goodness - been offered the opportunity to download it.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Well unless anyone posts anything that might advise otherwise, I plan to remove it first thing in the morning.