Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier or 200 ?
I have the chance to buy a D-Premier for a good price but I am not a box swopper
And I'm worried about long term product support and ongoing software such as Sam ect.
should I hold just out for a used 200 ?
(18-Dec-2014, 19:31)Ducatiman Wrote: I have the chance to buy a D-Premier for a good price but I am not a box swopper
And I'm worried about long term product support and ongoing software such as Sam ect.
should I hold just out for a used 200 ?
You shouldn't be worried about the long term support for the D-1. Devialet isn't Windows who is stopping support of its software after a couple of years time ;-)

SAM is not supported on the D-1. The onboard DSP doesn't have the capability of supporting it. I'm afraid that used D-200 are not yet on the market really.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
I've seen two D Premier's for sale, one private and one a dealer demo. Good prices in comparison to the original list price. I've seen one D200 used; it was listed for $8,500.00 CDN. I think the Premier sill offers the power at a good price, but it may well be that the current line up is a bit more developed and will be compatible with upgrades for the reasonable future. I'm not a box-swopper either, so I understand your concern about the longer term. But the D120 is selling here for less than used Premiers, so it depends if the power is important for you. I'm getting by with 28 or 30 watts at the moment, so I'm not expecting to need more than the 120 gives. (Piaggio man!!!!)
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
if you can use new router with the D Premier ? Not a bad choice IMO
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
There are no ethernet or USB inputs on the D-Premier but it does have HDMI and the beautifully solid cast case.
The 200 has more DSP and ethernet and USB inputs but a more lightweight case with less heat-sinking.
If you would like to use SAM speaker correction you need a 200 since the D-Premier DSP is not supported for SAM.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

That's for the Replies guys most helpful. I need a 200 then as both pairs of speakers I own have a SAM FILE available.
Hi, I am not dismissing SAM processing but I would not let that put you off a second hand d-premier. As a total hifi snob for over 20 years I can say that the most exciting thing about devialet is the ADH amplification & DAC which is still the same. The second hand market is full of wonderful speakers that are not SAM ready. In 2008 I picked up a pair of 3 month old ART Emotion Signatures for £3000 (a saving of £6000!). The quality of tweeter, bass unit and crossover will determine the quality of sound. I can assure you the d-premier does not even break a sweat. I got my d-premier at 3 months old and was not even broken in yet! Paid about 55% of new price. Any savings you make I would spend on speaker cable (chord signature perhaps £400), a cd transport (a 2nd hand cyrus CDT and PXR: £600) and a few digital cables (chord indigos perhaps: £500). Don't even bother with the AIR streamer as unless a computer geek or under 25 years old as its a a load of crap and drops out all the time and just buy a new SONOS connect and get a Qubuz account. Took two minutes and works just perfect on digital out. A truly wonderful amplifier and a quality piece of equipment at a fraction of new price.
Hi,

If both your speakers can be SAMed then I would go that route as long as we are talking about stand mount loudspeakers imho. Some responded more than others but all had positive effect from SAM.
SAM is more than just added bottom freq, for me it was more the phase correction in the other freq areas which really brings clarity and coherence to the music.
Go and have a listen.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Regarding the 2nd hand option.
Is the warranty transferable?
...oh, one more thing. Do they offer a global warranty (something which for example Leica does in the photo world)?