Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier "upgraded" to 250
Given I'm no expert on my own 200 I figured I reach out to the experts on a buddy of mine who is considering acquiring a Premier that the dealer advises him that has been upgraded to a 250....

He says the dealer advises that it doesn't have SAM capabilities which I would have thought would not have been the case as I believe that its only a software/firmware change to engage SAM. Could this be the case?

I assume from what I've read here there is the original HDMI in/out but no USB connection when using the Premier platform - not sure this is a deal breaker for my buddy.

Is there anything else in the current models (factory 200/250) that would make them a better choice versus a Premier "upgraded" to 250 status?

TIA
Ron
An upgraded D-Premier is identical to a D250. (or at least it should be!) So an upgraded D-Premier will not have the HDMI connection and will be capable of running SAM. I think your buddy needs to investigate further, is this an upgraded D-Premier (i.e. upgraded to current D250 spec), or is it simply a D-Premier that has had a firmware update?
I think there were two updates available, the full update and a cheaper connection update which only adds USB and Ethernet. Not sure if this also adds the new DSP's...
(02-Oct-2015, 07:37)Vivialet Wrote: I think there were two updates available, the full update and a cheaper connection update which only adds USB and Ethernet. Not sure if this also adds the new DSP's...

Yes there were two options!