Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-premiers (dual mono) rca to xlr does not work on companion
(16-Jan-2022, 18:26)winiar560 Wrote:
(16-Jan-2022, 12:58)ogs Wrote: Does both of them work as a standalone stereo amps? Maybe the digital out on the master does not work? Try swapping them. @devianet  is maybe on to something with gen1 vs gen3

Hi.
I'm very grateful for this suggestion as it works.

I have swapped them round master with companion and it started first time rca to rca-xlr (adapter) 

So in my case setting up the newer 2012 model as master doesn't work but swapping them round to the older 2011 as master all work first time with exactly same SD cards setup.

Thanks again.

That is brilliant! Looking forward to reading your impressions later in the week Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(16-Jan-2022, 18:26)winiar560 Wrote:
(16-Jan-2022, 12:58)ogs Wrote: Does both of them work as a standalone stereo amps? Maybe the digital out on the master does not work? Try swapping them. @devianet  is maybe on to something with gen1 vs gen3

Hi.
I'm very grateful for this suggestion as it works.

I have swapped them round master with companion and it started first time rca to rca-xlr (adapter) 

So in my case setting up the newer 2012 model as master doesn't work but swapping them round to the older 2011 as master all work first time with exactly same SD cards setup.

Thanks again.

A theory on why this works: the 2012 D-Premier is more tolerant of impedance mismatch on it's AES/EBU input than the 2011 one. I think I used a similar hook-up from SPDIF on a Squeezebox Touch to AES/EBU on my D-Premier before I got the Neutrik. It sounded even better with the impedance matching Neutrik in place.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB