Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D1000 Pro signal grounding
Hi, Enjoying music at home at present but unfortunately the spare time has started me thinking about Grounding and the like.

Does anybody know if I could use the signal grounding point beneath the Line 2/Phono pair on both devices that make up the D1000?

Has anybody utilised it, or are folks signal grounding via unused phono (RCA) inputs.

Thanks 

Graham
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
It all depends what you would want to "Ground". 

For me, upon getting my pair of REL subwoofers & connecting them to my 440-Pro using High-Level connection, I am using the GND post on each 220-Pro to ground each REL sub.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(29-Mar-2020, 18:00)alaw Wrote: @audio_engr did you do this to solve a problem, or because it seemed like a good idea? Your REL subwoofers have a 3 pin power cable, and phono inputs. There is a difference between “signal ground” and “safety ground”, the power plug provides one, the phono cable the other.

I do not use the RCA plug (Low-Level) connection system when I hookup the RELs to the Devialet. The 3-wire High-Level connection system has a Red wire for signal Rch thats to go to the positive terminal of R-ch speaker outputs, the Yellow wire to the positive terminal of L-ch speaker outputs, and the Black wire to the negative terminal of either R-ch OR L-ch of speaker outputs [if the Amplifier is Class A/AB]. If not, as is the case of Devialets, then to a suitable GND post. I used this GND post for grounding the input signal. Also, in my case as I use monoblock amps & a pair of RELs, each REL behaves as a mono Sub, hence Red & Yellow wires are combined. 

The RELs have their own grounding via the power plug but when then take the High-Level input signal off the main amplifier, that connection also requires a ground wherein the Devialet's GND post is used.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
My question came from reading this

https://www.russandrews.com/images/pdf/GroundingV6.pdf
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

South East Wales, UK
Aah OK,

Looks like there is a lot of fake news out there then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop_(electricity)

South East Wales, UK
(30-Mar-2020, 10:16)alaw Wrote:
(29-Mar-2020, 20:50)Carcrashboy Wrote: My question came from reading this

https://www.russandrews.com/images/pdf/GroundingV6.pdf

Russ Andrews wants to sell you a "box". Don't fall for it  Smile

I have never considered grounding as an issue to be addressed, personally speaking, and your comment may have been sarcastic.  However, it also seems to be a little dismissive without grounds. (Pun intended  Blush )
It was tongue-in-cheek really, should have put an emoji Rolleyes

I suppose what I don’t understand is are products such as Entreq , which is widely lauded as making a massive difference to some people, and noticeable benefits to others, doing something different to the Russ Andrews products.

Also CAD, https://www.mcru.co.uk/product/cad-gc1-ground-control/ , do they all do the same thing.

Graham

South East Wales, UK
Entreq = a box full of scrap metal with a hiked price for those people with too much money  Wink  Big Grin
‘Grounding’, shielding and isolating are way more difficult topics than they may appear to be. People who follow John Swenson’s posts on audiophilestyle for example know there’s many things to consider and/or screw up here. I won’t even try to sum up any of this or try to give general hints or clues as it’s (besides difficult) very, very system dependant.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(30-Mar-2020, 14:19)Laura Wrote: Entreq = a box full of scrap metal with a hiked price for those people with too much money  Wink  Big Grin

That plus some black tourmaline and perhaps other crystal minerals. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands