• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D140 switches off randomly
Had the amplifier 3 years now

In the last two months, I notice that the amp will switch itself off at random

Some days it does not switch off at all
The next it will play for 2 or 3 hours
Today it switched off after 45 mins

I waited an hour, then turned it back on.  Its been playing for 3 hours now

The case is warm, but then it is usually warm but not I would say excessively hot

It is mid-summer here and the indoor temperature is 21 degrees
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Sounds like a thermal issue. Did you check the temperature readout?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Are any faults reported if you cycle through to that "page" on the display?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Yes thanks

A amp 37 deg
B amp 35 deg
Supply 35 deg

Fault: None

Are those temperatures excessive?

The amp runs from a 230VAC inverter-generated supply. Its a new one and the changeover from Solar-supplied electricity to battery or mains-supply is said to be <5 ms. But this only occurs at about 8.30 at night, when its getting dark

The one I had from 2015 to a few months back had a 20ms delay. You could see the lights flicker and the Devialet would turn itself off
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Perfectly normal temperatures. Actually a little below average. The A amp on my 250 Pro usually had 44-47 deg with DPM. Without DPM it could reach 60 deg. Still within 'normal'
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I'm going to ask a stupid question: how old are the batteries in your remote? I had problems turning my 140 on and off a while ago, the power button on my remote didn't seem to work consistently, so I checked the voltage of my remote's batteries and they were pretty dead. I only use one input which is Roon and I control volume with the Roon remote app on my iPad so the on/off button is the only thing that gets used on my remote.

What you're describing is behaviour unrelated to use of the remote but it's worth checking that your remote's batteries are at reasonable strength and the remote isn't misbehaving because the batteries are dying,
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Actually, this was the second thing I looked at (after the temperature). The sticker I put in the Lithium batteries reads Jan 2020 and all 3 measure above 1.5 volts

Thanks for your tip. I also always check the simple things first, instead of re-inventing the wheel

This prompted me to look at the upgrade service that Devialet offer. Just get my head around the various permutations. I'm not sure if I need Core Infinity, since I don't stream, everything is off a PC (Linux Ubuntu with Strawberry Media Player)
If everything is coming off a PC, how is it getting to the Devialet? If it's a network connection (ethernet or wifi) then technically you're streaming and the CI board should be beneficial. It may also be beneficial if you're using USB because I think the USB port is attached to the CI board. I stream by ethernet but I checked USB after my amp got the CI board upgrade and I thought USB performance also improved slightly. I can't comment on the other digital inputs because I haven't tried them since I had the CI board upgrade.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
From PC to Devialet it is a USB connection via a W4S re-clocker (I don't know whether it makes any difference, but it was a gift).

The positive improvements touted by Devialet and the experience of a friend who did the upgrade have persuaded me to go for it.

A reply received from Devialet said to contact them during January, since they are presently closed. I hope the 20 working days return is accurate. This past year I have experienced long delays (one was 5 weeks) due to local clearing agents (one was UPS, the other FedEx) making stupid mistakes and not taking responsibility