Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 + Headphone Amp
Question 
Hi All,

I recently added a Headphone Amp to my D200 for a little late night listening.

I've configured the pre-out to a fixed output of .6v, disabled muting on the preout and reprogrammed the 3rd remote button to toggle the preout.

So far so good, I can mute the speakers with the second remote button, toggle the preout with the 3rd button and I get glorious heaphone sound.

My problem is when I change sources while listening on headphones.
I get no output to the headphone amp until I unmute then remute the speakers.
Obviously not ideal when kiddies are sleeping.

Is the Devialet supposed to function like this or have I fudged a setting in Le Configurator?  Huh
I'm Martin

Devialet D400 Expert, Focal Diablo Utopia III Colour, Bluesound Vault 2i, Meridian CDT, Technics 1210 M5G + Oyaide Platter and Stabiliser, Audionote Tonearm, Blue Angel Mantis MC
Hy Martin,

had the same buck with my D400 - so you are not alone...

atb, Tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50 G4
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT, Colibri XGW Stradivarius
StSt Motus II DQ, Sorane SA-1.2, DRT XV-1s
Germany
(05-Dec-2020, 12:17)howlindawg Wrote: Hi All,

I recently added a Headphone Amp to my D200 for a little late night listening.

I've configured the pre-out to a fixed output of .6v, disabled muting on the preout and reprogrammed the 3rd remote button to toggle the preout.

So far so good, I can mute the speakers with the second remote button, toggle the preout with the 3rd button and I get glorious heaphone sound.

My problem is when I change sources while listening on headphones.
I get no output to the headphone amp until I unmute then remute the speakers.
Obviously not ideal when kiddies are sleeping.

Is the Devialet supposed to function like this or have I fudged a setting in Le Configurator?  Huh

Hi Martin. Why do you use up a button on the remote just for switching the pre-outs on and off?

I leave mine permanently on and when I want to listen via headphones I switch my headphone amp on and mute the Devialet. I don’t have the problem that you have when changing sources.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(06-Dec-2020, 08:53)Axel Wrote: Hi Martin. Why do you use up a button on the remote just for switching the pre-outs on and off?

I leave mine permanently on and when I want to listen via headphones I switch my headphone amp on and mute the Devialet. I don’t have the problem that you have when changing sources.

That's a good question.

Originally I set it up that way to protect the headphones from me inadvertently cranking up the speakers with the cans still connected. Now that I've tweaked the preout to the appropriate fixed voltage I probably don't need to do that.

So if I leave the pre always on i shouldn't have the problem when changing source and get my tone controls back.

Thanks Axel, I'll give that a try.
I'm Martin

Devialet D400 Expert, Focal Diablo Utopia III Colour, Bluesound Vault 2i, Meridian CDT, Technics 1210 M5G + Oyaide Platter and Stabiliser, Audionote Tonearm, Blue Angel Mantis MC
(06-Dec-2020, 23:58)howlindawg Wrote:
(06-Dec-2020, 08:53)Axel Wrote: Hi Martin. Why do you use up a button on the remote just for switching the pre-outs on and off?

That's a good question.

Originally I set it up that way to protect the headphones from me inadvertently cranking up the speakers with the cans still connected. Now that I've tweaked the preout to the appropriate fixed voltage I probably don't need to do that.

So if I leave the pre always on i shouldn't have the problem when changing source and get my tone controls back.

Thanks Axel, I'll give that a try.
I’m not sure that it will solve your problem, but with any luck, it might.  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(07-Dec-2020, 09:34)Axel Wrote: I’m not sure that it will solve your problem, but with any luck, it might.  Smile

Well unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

I now have the preout always on but changing source still results in the preout being muted until I toggle speaker mute off/on.

I've opened a ticket with Devialet support to see if they can help.
I'm Martin

(07-Dec-2020, 11:58)howlindawg Wrote:
(07-Dec-2020, 09:34)Axel Wrote: I’m not sure that it will solve your problem, but with any luck, it might.  Smile

Well unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

I now have the preout always on but changing source still results in the preout being muted until I toggle speaker mute off/on.

I've opened a ticket with Devialet support to see if they can help.
That’s strange. Maybe a bug in the config file? Hopefully Devialet will sort it out for you.
South Coast England