Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 Ipad & spotify
I have over 25 year of highend audio experience, but virtually none with streaming audio andwhatnot.

Just recently purchased a used D200 it works greatbwith cd and turntable. I have no music on a computer nor streaming device of any kind. Now I just want to use the 200 for playing spotify or youtube content from my Ipad or phone. The D200 is connected via ethernet to my internet router/modem

Is playing spotify or youtube possible this way? And if so how do I go about it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Hi,

I don’t think it is possible to stream directly to the D200 in this way. If you had music directly on your iPhone/iPad I believe that you could stream this using the Devialet app using ‘AIR’ but direct streaming of YouTube / Spotify from mobile devices would need a device in between that you can Airplay to which would then need to be plugged into one of the inputs of the D200.
Laura is correct. Devialet made the use cases you (Marc) mentioned possible with the newer models containing the ‘Core Infinity’ module.

You would need a computer PC or Mac and use Devialet AIR installed on it or any kind of streamer device supporting Airplay. Though for Spotify a streamer that supports Spotify Connect would be preferable.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I kinda figured as much. No big deal since I can still stream via my AV receiver.
Will listen some more to see if the D200 can replace my Pass Labs.

Thanks Laura and Antoine!