Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 Reassembly thread...
    Close but no cigar today. D200 is totally reassembled save for the PEM-to-IEC conversion wiring connection to the Devialet power board. All I have left to do is desolder and remove the two female quick-connect spade receivers under the power board and located just above the words "FUSE" & "F2" in pic. Then I'll strip and solder the crystal Cables high-current leads to the board at those spots. Once I do that I just need to place the copper washer under the IEC/chassis ground screw and close it up. Sounds like very little but probably 2-3 hours work as I need to closely inspect & go over everything with a fine-tooth comb before replacing the belly pan.

But now its time to enjoy a grinder of my local favorite micro-brew and nestle into some Sunday Night NFL. Man's gotta have his priorities straight!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
    Sheesh, everything takes longer than I anticipate these days! Yesterday I anticipated direct-wiring the D200 PEM-less power board would take 2-3 hours. It took 4 hours! Those solid core high-current wires are tremendously rigid when only 38mm long! Doesn't help there's two of each! And as you can see in pic I had a VERY limited space to work in getting the wires from below into the .75mm holes I drilled for them in the power board by using small curved hemostats and small needle nose pliars from behind the IEC and under the power board and gently coaxing the wires into the .75mm holes for soldering... seriously fiddly/fidgety work!!! But they're in now, soldered and ready for service.

Next I move over to setting up the power switch as its not a p-n-p component! It requires adjusting the 'throw' on two micro-switches that are 10mm apart and have a balance beam between them. That beam must trip both switches simultaneously or the D200 won't accept the "on" command. I ran into this previously on one of the dry-run reassemblies. Hopefully todays setup for that switch goes faster than the previous event. Then I have to treat the remaining 235+ gold pins that mate with remaining 2nd story PCB's to the primary PCB below then mount those boards. Once thats done then I can close everything up.

One thing I decided late last night before drifting off is that if today runs too late closing things up I'll fight the urge to plug it in. I know I'll be tired if it takes 9-10+ hours today and if there's any surprises when that happens I'll be too tired to deal with it. Given that if things run 'long' today I'll hang the D200 on the wall and save 1st power-up till early tomorrow morning when I'm well-rested and refreshed. No one will be more put-out by having to do that than me but if something goes awry I'll be better equipped to deal with it after a good night's sleep. When I get to that point and after I've powered up I'll open a new thread and move away from the current "Reassembly Thread."
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Good luck, and wise decision not to rush when tired.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Great to see you are close to reaching the goal line.

What "power switch" are you referring to? (there is not one on the back panel, unless part of your new F'tech IEC)

I'm really anxious to read of your impressions and sound quality results.

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
The Devialet main on/off switch up front behind the logo button.

Big news in a few minutes!!
I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling a degree of excitement & anticipation in the end result.  Been following every twist and turn in this fascinating and ambitious engineering project - thanks for sharing in such graphic detail - good luck tomorrow!

Vincent
Devialet 200, MacMini, Roon control via iPad, B&W CM10 S2 Speakers.
    Countdown to completion...

3... Cover spine thermal pad installed
    2... digital board cover
    1... digital board thermal pad
    ZERO!... Completely assembled & ready go! First tune will be Tull's "Too old to rock n roll but too young to die (Absolutely true!)

Camera flaked out on belly pan (sorry) With luck next pic will have an illuminated GUI, But right now I gotta eat! Back in an hour for the premier.