Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 companion reboots when optical input used
Hi,
I have a D200+D200 companion dual mono setup, since May 2016. 
Just recently, I altered my config file and added one input to the slave unit. I activated the second optical input (it's called "Optical 1 s", in the online config tool). This required to also install the trigger cable between the master and slave unit, since I didn't have any input activated on the slave unit at this time. I have used inputs on the slave unit before too ("analog" input from my turntable), without any significant problems. However, now the new input not only refuses to function and transmit sound, it also causes the slave unit to re-boot as soon as this source is selected. Furthermore, the slave unit only starts up again as soon as another input source is selected. If I remain on the new input, the slave unit stays switched off. The trigger cable is installed according to the schematics shown in the online configurator and the signal is Toslink optical signal from an Apple Airport Express and can't really short circuit or anything like that, to cause it to reboot.

Anyone had- or heard of this kind of problem? As far as I know the trigger cable is not broken. 

My summery is that I have never used a digital input on the slave unit before and that's pretty much the only new and unknown thing added.

Devialet support could not answer this over the phone and had me send an email, but no reply yet (4 days ago).
Ken - a new Devialet fan, located in Sweden  Cool
KenH - Over on the Vinyl Thread -" D440 Core Infinity beta code MC phono problem" some of the same issues are raised.I'm surprised that Support did not recognise this issue as Océane from support had resolved it for me :

The looping of a slave input with the slave unit then going into standby - resulted from a corruption of the configurator on my account, I was last advised by Océane to create an 'anonymous' configuration on Devialet site using Chrome with caches and cookies cleared :

"My engineer colleague said that the new config you do with clean cache and no cookies, should be done WITHOUT being logged into your account.
So, what to do is go to https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/configurator/advanced but without being recognised/ logged in."

If you create your config file in this way, you should avoid the 'looping' - just so you know, nothing I have been able to do allows me to use the analogue inputs on my slave unit following the CI upgrade, I'm still waiting for a fix for this.

However, it may be possible for you to enable digital inputs on the slave unit as Clement in the above thread (Post 10) suggested:

"Dear all, here are my solutions for the latest firmware.

1. Analogue inputs to Master
2. Digital inputs to Companion
3. Configuration file needs to be setup from scratch. That is, you can’t edit or us your old files.

I have to express my appreciation to Mathieu from Devialet for his help in solving my problems.

Hope that will help you all.

Clement"

Good Luck.
(26-Feb-2018, 17:54)ovo Wrote: KenH - Over on the Vinyl Thread -" D440 Core Infinity beta code MC phono problem" some of the same issues are raised.I'm surprised that Support did not recognise this issue as Océane from support had resolved it for me :

The looping of  a slave input with the slave unit then going into standby - resulted from a corruption of the configurator on my account, I was last advised by Océane to create an 'anonymous' configuration on Devialet site using Chrome with caches and cookies cleared :

"My engineer colleague said that the new config you do with clean cache and no cookies, should be done WITHOUT being logged into your account.
So, what to do is go to https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/configurator/advanced but without being recognised/ logged in."

If you create your config file in this way, you should avoid the 'looping' - just so you know, nothing I have been able to do allows me to use the analogue inputs on my slave unit following the CI upgrade, I'm still waiting for a fix for this.

However, it may be possible for you to enable digital inputs on the slave unit as Clement in the above thread (Post 10) suggested:

3. Configuration file needs to be setup from scratch. That is, you can’t edit or us your old files.

I have to express my appreciation to Mathieu from Devialet for his help in solving my problems.

Clement"

Good Luck.

Great, thanks! I'll try this today.
(27-Feb-2018, 09:13)KenH Wrote:
(26-Feb-2018, 17:54)ovo Wrote: KenH - Over on the Vinyl Thread -" D440 Core Infinity beta code MC phono problem" some of the same issues are raised.I'm surprised that Support did not recognise this issue as Océane from support had resolved it for me :

The looping of  a slave input with the slave unit then going into standby - resulted from a corruption of the configurator on my account, I was last advised by Océane to create an 'anonymous' configuration on Devialet site using Chrome with caches and cookies cleared :

Clement"

Good Luck.

Great, thanks! I'll try this today.

Ok, so the suggested remedy did not work unfortunately. First attempt made no difference. 
Second attempt did make a difference and now the companion did not turn on and boot when the master turned on and if I manually switched on the companion it said that there were no link to the master. Wtf!?
So then I made a third attempt to create a config file and now the companion turned on and booted up, but instead the master kept re-booting with like 2-3 Hz!? I pulled the power plug and waited. Plugged it in and the same ting happened again.
Pulled the power plug yet another time and popped out the SD-cards from both units and connected the power plug both units turned on and booted with factory config. Switched them off, pulled the power plug and did yet another config file, but logged in to the online configurator this time.
Popped in the SD-cards while the power plug was still disconnected. Plugged it in and booted and both turned on and booted as they should. Also the inputs on the companion worked now. I don't know what I did differently and why they behaved like they did on the previous attempts. I was positive that both units had broke when the master kept re-booting spontaneously and the companion said there were no RS232 link connection Sad .
Besides the optical 1s input on the companion, I also activated its USB port. I named all inputs/ports in use.
One thing I noticed during this process was that the slave and master had different denominations of one of the inputs on the master, even if the config file was the same iteration. I don't know why. Either the slave did not load the new config file properly or the file was corrupt in some way.
It feels great that it now works but I'm really hesitant to do any adjustments to the config files now, afraid that the fault will come back. And isn't the whole point with the Expert lineup, that it should be a configurable system. Also, I think it should be impossible to make faulty configurations online. It should prevent you from choosing options that will malfunction. I'm not sure it does that.
So at this point, everything works; usb, usb s, optical 1, optical 1s, digital coax and AIR/Wifi. But I don't dare change a thing now...
Ken,

It's good that it all worked eventually. Every Devialet owner will recognise that mixture of rage and nausea that follows seemingly illogical results from a new firmware or config installation.

I have had a number of the issues that you noticed, in the past, but not since I installed the most recent Beta firmware and created a config file 'outside' my Account - and, just as importantly, since I practiced 'safe' SD card hygene - by re-formattting the cards before each download.

I would be interested to know if you can still use AIR after switching between files of different Bit/Sample rates - If I do that then I have to scroll through the inputs to get back to AIR - and if I turn mine off with the remote, I have to follow the switch off, unplug and re-plug routine to use AIR.

Although I guess that now you just walk quietly when you are near your Devialets in case something changes.

I know that some people have suggested that it should be possible to change the config files online, without using the SD card - I can just imagine the chaos that would result.
(02-Mar-2018, 18:08)ovo Wrote: Ken,

It's good that it all worked eventually. Every Devialet owner will recognise that mixture of rage and nausea that follows seemingly illogical results from a new firmware or config installation.

I have had a number of the issues that you noticed, in the past, but not since I installed the most recent Beta firmware and created a config file 'outside' my Account - and, just as importantly, since I practiced 'safe' SD card hygene - by re-formattting the cards before each download.

I would be interested to know if you can still use AIR after switching between files of different Bit/Sample rates - If I do that then I have to scroll through the inputs to get back to AIR - and if I turn mine off with the remote, I have to follow the switch off, unplug and re-plug routine to use AIR.

Although I guess that now you just walk quietly when you are near your Devialets in case something changes.

I know that some people have suggested that it should be possible to change the config files online, without using the SD card - I can just imagine the chaos that would result.
@KenH
“Second attempt did make a difference and now the companion did not turn on and boot when the master turned on and if I manually switched on the companion it said that there were no link to the master. Wtf!?”

This also happened to me. Turned out that the SD Card in the Companion was not inserted properly, making the C think it was a lone 220, and telling me that there was no link to the Master.

Edit: by the way, I made an anonymous configuration, carefully following Océane’s instructions and it enabled me to use the pre-outs on the Companion, just like I used to, without having a button on the remote dedicated to switching the pre-outs on and off.
This is the first time that my pre-outs have worked since having the CI upgrade and has made me a happy bunny! I cleared the cache and cookies between downloading each configuration for Master and Companion.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(02-Mar-2018, 18:08)ovo Wrote: Ken,

I would be interested to know if you can still use AIR after switching between files of different Bit/Sample rates - If I do that then I have to scroll through the inputs to get back to AIR - and if I turn mine off with the remote, I have to  follow the switch off, unplug and re-plug routine to use AIR.

Hi,
I have not noticed this problem with switching between files with different bit/sample rates.
The routine with the SD-cards should not be needed, one would think...
There are SD-cards with built-in WiFi. That could work but I don't dare trying Wink