Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 firmware
Hi

It’s not clear for me since the new D220 is out.

Can I upgrade my D200 with the latest firmware downloaded from Devialet website ?

Pascal

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
(14-Jan-2018, 15:03)obelix155 Wrote: Hi

It’s not clear for me since the new D220 is out.

Can I upgrade my D200 with the latest firmware downloaded from Devialet website ?

Do you have a user account with Devialet and have you registered your D200?

If so you can sign in to your account and click ‘Expert Configuration’ in the left side bar and you will see the latest firmware version available for your model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Adding to the previous comment, if you log in to your account on the Devialet site, and choose "Expert Configuration" you will find the firmware available for your system. For Expert and Expert Pro users who do not have the Core Infinity upgrade (your system falls into this category) the most current version of the firmware available for download is v10.1.0.

So you cannot use the most recent version, V2.1.0 + Firmware 12.1.2 as this is only usable by those with an Expert Pro with Core Infinity upgrade.

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I doubt whether Devialet will put any resources into pre Expert Pro range now, I’m sure the software team will not have the bandwidth to fix all outstanding issues relating to Pro models and give enhancement to an ‘old’ technology which is sad as it feels like the end of the line for those of us not in a position to upgrade to Pro.
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
From what I read on other threads, the operstional and usability problems for outnumber any sonic benefits for.the upgrade.

This is the main reason I did not carry out the upgrade.

If all the problems are solved, all bugs fixed then I will consider again to upgrade to Pro.

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Fragoulisnaval

The problems you're most likely reading at present on here are primarily related to the CI Board upgrade. Very little if any problems were encountered for those upgrading from a standard Expert to the Pro (that I'm aware of).

At present there's no Upgrade Program by Devialet for upgrading an Expert to Pro, just the CI upgrades at present (the Pro upgrades may recommence at a later date).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I know that the upgrade program to pro is closed and many have reported improved SQ of the new models. I believe them.

However, the upgrade was comming with the free CI board upgrade at a later stage, in an effort, among others, to jystify the 3400€ asking price. The CI board itself was said to be around 1500€ worth.

So, many upgraders csrried.out the upgrade also because.the CI board was at a second level.

Comming to date, we see the complete upgraded units (Pro+CI) failing to deliver what is promised from Devialet.

This is for me the.main reason for not.proceeding with the upgrade.

One could say though, that the old units alsofsiled to deliver 100%. True and agreed. However, many have circumvented these shortcommings using various solutions, all of them being rendered obsolete with the CI board fully functional. Which means that the money invested will lose value.

Personally, I would not wanted to invest 3400€ into something not fully operational.

Above are my personal view on the matter,

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk