Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 with JBL L100 Classic or Klipsch Heresy IV?
Hi all - hope you're keeping well and safe.

I'm running an old D200 (170 upgraded by Devialet) with no plans to upgrade because (a) I'm retired and the pound/euro is not too hot at the moment and (b) it does what I need.

However, I have been thinking of upgrading my speakers (Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II) because I find them a little too "polite" at low to medium volumes, which is most of my listening.  I'd like a little more energy - sort of "punch" and "grab you by the gonads" - possibly known as "dynamics".  Prior to the D200 I had a full-on Naim Olive system with Mana supports which was a blast at any level.

So there's been a lot of noise about the Klipsch Heresy MkIV and the JBL L100 Classic so I wondered if anyone out there in Dev-land was running either of these speakers and, if so, how you felt about the match.  My budget is around the cost of these two.

My musical tastes are mainly modern/contemporary jazz (so I'm liking the new Brian Culbertson XX album, Rippingtons, Special EFX, Four80East), some prog rock (Panic Room, Magenta) plus pop (from Steely Dan through Pet Shop Boys to Neon Vines) plus we play Caroline Flashback a lot as background during the day.

Thoughts?

Take it easy in these crazy times.  Confused
Lounge : D200, Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II, Squeezebox Touch, Musical Fidelity X-Ray (CD Transport), Linn LP12/Ittok 3/Dynavector DV10x5, Chord Clearway & Carnival cables; Study : Squeezebox Touch, Revox PR99 MkII, NAD D 3020, Epos K1; Terrace: Squeezebox Touch, Audioengine A5+; Garage : Squeezebox 2; Rotel  RA-820BX, MA R252; assorted other Squeezebox products dotted around the place; Music Server : iMac 5K 32GB 3TB fusion drive, OSX & BootCamp W10, LMS, FLAC / MP3; Router : Huawei B310 4G; Ripping : dBpoweramp; Library Management : MediaMonkey; Location : East Algarve, Portugal

I would give JBL a chance. Awesome comb

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
@GRC I'm running an old D200 (170 upgraded by Devialet)
Terrible claim :-)
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia