Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D220 master and companion minor difference
I have a pair of D220 Pro’s running as a D440 Pro. I bought them separately, the master in June last year and the companion in December last year. They have both been back to the factory separately for the Core Infinity.

I got the master back from France this afternoon. However now I have them both set up as a 440 I noticed that the companion has a tiny hole in the front sloping base section directly beneath the front button.

This small hole is allowing a tiny white beam of light through throwing a small white dot on the shelf below. But the master does not have the tiny hole in the same place.

Has anyone else with a D440 Pro seen the same thing? I’m intrigued.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Hmm, I just checked mine as I never noticed. If you are referring to a pinpoint of white light shining directly down (I think from the base of the Devialet near the front), I have that on both my units. I for the life of me, never noticed it before.

So I have the small white dot of light you mention. Not exactly sure where it is projecting from, but it is on both my master and companion.

Weird, eh?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I have the dot of light on my D220. I always wondered what the purpose of that was but concluded that it was probably simply for cosmetics.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(19-Jan-2018, 06:24)baddog Wrote: Hmm, I just checked mine as I never noticed. If you are referring to a pinpoint of white light shining directly down (I think from the base of the Devialet near the front), I have that on both my units. I for the life of me, never noticed it before.

So I have the small white dot of light you mention. Not exactly sure where it is projecting from, but it is on both my master and companion.

Weird, eh?

Yes that's what I'm referring to, so as others have the same I guess it's intentional. But I'm wondering why it's only on the companion and not the master. Could be a small design change I suppose as my master is a late 2016 model and the companion is September 2017.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Both of my amps, which are updated early models have always had this minute white light under the front of the amp.
I can’t work out what they are for. They are too small to be a cosmetic addition. The light that reaches whatever the D is standing on is so weak, it is only just about visible in a totally dark room.  Most peculiar.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
It's an indicator light: (or at least it was originally an indicator light.....)

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...ight=light
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(19-Jan-2018, 13:29)Confused Wrote: It's an indicator light:  (or at least it was originally an indicator light.....)

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...ight=light

Yup. Red when the unit is on but with no signal, orange when there is an input active. When I have my Od'A stacked, the reflection of the top light on the shiny case of the lower unit is a subtle but effective indicator. Sitting on a regular shelf, it is more or less invisible. Huh
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
I thought this was normal, is with mine  Big Grin

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(19-Jan-2018, 15:44)Celts88 Wrote: I thought this was normal, is with mine  Big Grin

They are really bright! You can’t see mine in daylight. They are different amps though.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England