Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D220 wireless connection
I am having an issue connecting wirelessly to my D220.  I use Google WiFi and and I am turning off my Norton firewall momentarily so as not to create a problem.  I have input my SSID/password in the configurator and disconnected the Ethernet cable, yet it doesn't connect.  I get the cross through on the wireless symbol on my D220 on the Air source.  Any suggestions?

I am trying to connect wirelessly while Devialet/Roon work out the issues about RAAT and streaming to the D220.

Thanks, Michael
Devialet Expert 220 Pro, Vivid Oval V1.5 in oyster finish, Roon Nucleus, Keces P8 linear power supply, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming. Shy
I had a similar issue last week while I was trying to connect to the wireless. I use Google Wifi as well. Try creating a brand new configuration from scratch with wireless. Then overwrite your existing config on the SD card. It worked for me.
TAD Cr-1; Synology NAS/Roon->1000pro (AIR) ,
Oppo 203->HDMI->Marantz 8802A->Pre-out->1000pro (Bypass), 
Shunyata Denali 6000T
(09-May-2019, 23:22)sam1000 Wrote: I had a similar issue last week while I was trying to connect to the wireless. I use Google Wifi as well. Try creating a brand new configuration from scratch with wireless. Then overwrite your existing config on the SD card. It worked for me.
Tried a new configuration as suggested but no luck.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro, Vivid Oval V1.5 in oyster finish, Roon Nucleus, Keces P8 linear power supply, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming. Shy
Michael, is your wi-fi password longer than about 31 characters? If so, that might be the problem; certainly in the olden days (original, pre-Pro Expert series) the Devialet's wi-fi module had a limitation in that it couldn't use wi-fi passwords longer than that. I don't know whether that's still the case, because I have never used a longer password after shortening years ago it to make it work with my Devialet.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Sonos ZP90 (Cullen modified), Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(10-May-2019, 23:52)thumb5 Wrote: Michael, is your wi-fi password longer than about 31 characters?  If so, that might be the problem; certainly in the olden days (original, pre-Pro Expert series) the Devialet's wi-fi module had a limitation in that it couldn't use wi-fi passwords longer than that.  I don't know whether that's still the case, because I have never used a longer password after shortening years ago it to make it work with my Devialet.

@thumb5 Thanks for the thought but I have a short password.  I cannot even access the Devialet directly from a web browser, as some have done.  See screenshot.  I recently purchased the Expert 220 Pro and the box, even with the CI board, was listed as "companion."  I am now wondering whether I have all the capabilities of a "master."  My guess is yes but I had heard that some companion units did not have the wifi board, though perhaps that was when Devialet was upgrading from the standard Expert series to the Pro series. 

https://imgur.com/a/Mev2RGp
If you cycle through the menu’s on the Devialet display it’ll tell you if there’s a wifi and ethernet board installed. If so it’ll show you the MAC addresses.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

(11-May-2019, 12:57)Antoine Wrote: If you cycle through the menu’s on the Devialet display it’ll tell you if there’s a wifi and ethernet board installed. If so it’ll show you the MAC addresses.

Not sure I am doing the menu correctly to see whether there's wifi and ethernet board correctly installed.  I do not see a MAC address, though previously when I used FING, I did see a MAC address from time to time.  It's not there on my latest view of FING.  I do see AIR as an option when I cycle through the sources: is that indicative of the wifi board?
Just saw a MAC address, so guess I have WiFi card!
One other thought: how far away from your router/access point is your 220? If it's more than a couple of metres, maybe the wireless signal is just too weak for the 220 to use reliably.

Assuming you don't have the CI upgrade, the wi-fi antenna is completely inside the 220's metal casing, which is less than ideal, so the 220 "sees" much lower wi-fi signal strength than other equipment in the same place.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Sonos ZP90 (Cullen modified), Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(12-May-2019, 08:47)thumb5 Wrote: One other thought: how far away from your router/access point is your 220?  If it's more than a couple of metres, maybe the wireless signal is just too weak for the 220 to use reliably.

Assuming you don't have the CI upgrade, the wi-fi antenna is completely inside the 220's metal casing, which is less than ideal, so the 220 "sees" much lower wi-fi signal strength than other equipment in the same place.

@thumb5 I checked and I have CI.  My Google WiFi puck sits about 1 foot from the D220, so range is not an issue.  For some reason, the D220 just won’t recognize my SSID/password.  I’m going to focus instead on the 100mbps solution.  I have a 100mbps switch and am just waiting for a Cat5e cable to arrive in order to tether it to the D220.  Thanks for your thoughts!