Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D240 &D250 combo
I own d240 for few years, in general I'm very happy with its performance, however I need more power
anyone knows if it's possible to run d250 as the master and 240 as the slave ?
what about sound quality ( since they are not identical )
Is it possible to run them as bi amp instead of dual mono?
my sources are:
Mac mini / J remote air only ( my d240 doesn't have Ethernet cable input)
blue ray
turntable
sonos
thx
Your d240 should be upgradable to d250 via firmware update.
I thought the only way to upgrade to 250 is by hardware upgrade ,
my 240 has the latest 8.3 firmware. please correct me if I'm wrong
If you've got firmware 7.0.0 (I think it was) or higher then you'll have 250W available! No hardware upgrade necessary.
If you edit your dp_cfg.txt config file on Le Configurateur on www.devialet.com you can see the maximum power available in the speaker section. You can limit the maximum power and hopefully you should see a maximum of 250W. If you have quite an old config file but with recent firmware as you appear to have it's very well worth generating a new config file as many ongoing fixes are added by Devialet.
interesting, so are you saying I can just add 250 and slave my 240 ? wow if this is the case I'm half way yo 800
(23-Aug-2015, 08:49)no32 Wrote: interesting, so are you saying I can just add 250 and slave my 240 ? wow if this is the case I'm half way yo 800

Are you sure that you have a D240 and not a D Premier? You say that your D240 has no Ethernet connection - I thought that all D 240' s had Ethernet inputs? 

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
you're right I have the D Premier , I was wrongly thought it's the same
(23-Aug-2015, 09:08)no32 Wrote: you're right I have the D Premier , I was wrongly thought it's the same

In that case you might have a problem in just adding another D250 and making a D800. I am not an expert in this, but I think that the D Premier needs to be upgraded first. There are some others on this forum who have been down this route who could advise better, or failing that, drop an e-mail to Devialet to seek their advice.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
thx I learnt allot from you guys
I used to have that combo (250 and DPremier). It works but you end up having 800w on one channel and 500w on the other so some inbalance will be there.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey