Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D250 upgrades on input
Hi
Past 8 years I've been running my D250 with a Mac mini and Audirvana (currently studio) + Qobuz. Since I had to replace the Mac I've been on USB rather than AIR (still no support for current OS on Macs). It's been OK, but my vinyl source is way better in terms of separation and sound stage. Thinking I need to do something about that.

Any experience of the DMP-A6 streamer? It will still be USB though so may not make a difference, but I could move the Mac to another part of the house.
Roon then is a separate issue, but is it a better way of connecting up than UpnP?

Also, presumably I could just upgrade the D250 to PRO CI and stream directly?

Lots seems to have moved on in 8 years and there are a confusing array of options....

Tx
Brendan
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1

DevialetAir is working well on my MacBook Pro with M1Chip.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(03-Feb-2024, 16:44)ghosttipper Wrote: DevialetAir is working well on my MacBook Pro with M1Chip.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Unfortunately mine came as Ventura already.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1