Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D400 vs D220
I would like to upgrade my D200, I don't know if another D200 is better to make a D400 or do the upgrade program to D220. Have you had experience made comparisons?
Thank you all
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
I would go the upgrade path.
new 5 year guarantee, new options like CI board and EQ, and if your speakers have a normal efficiency the 220pro will also sound better.
I had 3 250s, and upgraded 2 of them to make the 1000 Pro, so was able to compare the 250 vs. 250 Pro and 250 Pro vs. 1000 Pro. I found that the audio quality upgrade from 250 to 250 Pro was more significant than the upgrade from 250 Pro to 1000 Pro. Of course, this isn't exactly what you're asking, as I didn't have an 800 on hand for comparing, but if I were you, I would go for the upgrade, all else equal.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
I think the D220 solution is the best, upgrade and 5 years warranty is a good reason.
My speakers love power but that of the D200 is enough.
I asked Devialet when the promotion for updates will end, I'm waiting for an answer.
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
Before the latest firmware upgrade I would have said upgrade to 400 but now, with proper working RAAT and Sweet Room, I'd say go 220Pro.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I already have the room with HAF active treatment.
I have a fear .. my phono pre is very quiet, I read that people complain of noises with the new Expert Pro versions, I have read the planned updates to the Pro version, the Phono is not mentioned.
Devialet replied to my email, it is not an expiring update for now .. :-)

Marietto - Italia
Hello, late here, anyhow...

I have sold my 200 und bought a used 220pro. It is another much better unit, and I believe a 200 wouldn't got better, if someone just add a second piece.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned here much is the streamer, much better. The resolution is higher and the "S" is smoth now, as it should.
Amplifier sounds a class higher, more room, enough power and bass. Phono at Devialet is a lie! Sorry, there is no phono amplifier, either in the 200 nor in the 220. It needs a high-output cartridge a step-up-transformer or a separate phono amplifier, at least with 0.3mV MC systems.
What are the options? A used Pass INT-60 without Phono or Streamer (5500-10000,-) or a new Dan D Agostino Progression Integrated (25000,-)
220 Expert Pro - MagicoA3 - Linn Streaming - Linn LP12 Vinyl - DS-Audio 003 - PS Audio PP12 - Uptone EtherRegen - AfterDark Clock - Acourate room correction via Roon - Qobuz
Germany - Hamburg
From what I have heard the phono card in the d'agostini is in no way better than in the Dev. Quite the opposite. But I also feel the phono in the 220 is way too noisy with low output mc.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
(03-Nov-2020, 20:16)listener Wrote: Hello, late here, anyhow...

Phono at Devialet is a lie! Sorry, there is no phono amplifier, either in the 200 nor in the 220. It needs a high-output cartridge a step-up-transformer or a separate phono amplifier, at least with 0.3mV MC systems

Sorry but you’re wrong there. The 220 Expert Pro has a fully functional high quality phono stage which can be configured for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, selectable cartridge loading and selectable equalisation curves.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus