Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D800 with KEF Blade 2?
These are unmodified D Premiers with the HDMI ports.

Part of my major reluctance to sell them is the phono stage. Most of my serious listening is vinyl and I have repeatedly heard that the phono stage of the “improved” Devialet gear is a downgrade. I would move away from Devialet before downgrading the phono stage.

Incidentally I received an offer for my D Prems that would let me buy a brand new Rotel Michi X5 and keep $1000 in my pocket. I wish I could find some reviews of that Rotel unit but it was just announced and isn’t on the market yet.
(25-Sep-2020, 00:59)Zedeff Wrote: These are unmodified D Premiers with the HDMI ports.

Part of my major reluctance to sell them is the phono stage. Most of my serious listening is vinyl and I have repeatedly heard that the phono stage of the “improved” Devialet gear is a downgrade. I would move away from Devialet before downgrading the phono stage.

Incidentally I received an offer for my D Prems that would let me buy a brand new Rotel Michi X5 and keep $1000 in my pocket. I wish I could find some reviews of that Rotel unit but it was just announced and isn’t on the market yet.

FWIW the Devialet technology gives an audibly transparent performance IMO, ie, if you find an amp sounding different it will be doing something wrong (though you may well like it).
No other amp has a matching range of performance and facilities either.
The D-Premier phono stage is the best I have heard, I don't think there is another to touch it (though the same proviso goes here too).

IMO a pair of D-Premiers is unbeatably up to their power limit. I have Original d'Ateliers now but would be perfectly content with what you have.
No other amp has technology to match it.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Hi 

I don't know how the D800 with KEF Blade 2's would compare against the D1000 and the 2's, but for me, and those that have heard the D1000/Blade 2 combo, very satisfied - I suspect the D800's are going to be a wonderful match.  

I also believe the Blades would sound great with just about any good amplifier (they are just that good), but for me with the D1000 its the best I've heard.  

I've pretty well stopped the endless GAS - much to the chagrin my local audio store.

Vinyl, streaming, CD - all come through about as good as it gets.  

Not a good response I know, but suffice to say - I've found my holy grail in music delivery (for a while at least).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia