Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DEVIALET ETHERNET FABULOUS & STABLE
(28-Jun-2016, 10:51)Seb310 Wrote: By the way, as the time capsule has 3 ethernet ports (in addition to the Wlan port), may be you can plug the Mac, the DEV and the Nas directly to the Time Capsule (pluged on Wlan to the routeur) , so that you don't need anymore the  ethernet switch ! If it works, then you could avoid a device.

Good suggestion. I hadn't thought of that. I should try it to hear if it improves sound quality.

However, the switch has 8 ports so I am conveniently able to connect other equipment to it including an Aurender S10 and PS Audio P10. In addition I have a couple of other NASs connected to the Time Capsule for back up purposes. The present setup is convenient, but in the endless search for pure audio I'll try out your suggestion!
Devialet 250 - Martin Logan Ascent i - Clearaudio Champion 2 - Kuzma 4Point - Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC - Graham Slee Elevator
dCS Network Bridge - UpTone Audio EtherRegen – Esoteric DV-60 - PS Audio Power Plant 10
AUSTRALIA
(28-Jun-2016, 13:49)Leigh Hibbins Wrote: Good suggestion. I hadn't thought of that. I should try it to hear if it improves sound quality.

Thank you ! Glad to help . Smile

I wasn't thinking about any sound quality improvment making this suggestion, but only some 'simplification', but who knows ? Blush
MacMini -> Audirvana +AudioUnits -> Devialet "The 120" (USB) -> BW 802 Di -> My room -> My ears 
And other stuff for Home Cinema...
FR