Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Mixer / Controller on Expert Pro possible?
I am a happy user of an Expert Pro 440 with one turntable connected to the phono stage. I'm thinking about connecting a DJ setup to the Expert Pro. It would be a DJ mixer (in my case an Ecler Nuo 2.0) with two turntables connected to the mixer. I guess the mixer would then be connected via RCA to a regular RCA input on the Devialet. I wonder if anyone has experience connecting a DJ Mixer of Controller in this way on the Expert Pro series? Would it work? I'm kind of hesitating as I don't want to blow up anything : )
Should work fine using RCA from the MASTER output. Keep in mind that the line input of Devialet amps goes directly to an AD converter so you must experiment a bit with sensitivity (in Configurator) to have headroom and avoid input clipping. I believe there is a soft clipping (limiter) in the output stage, but it is always good to stay away from clipping/overloading.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
It worked fine for me with my mixer and 1210 just don't try to play at PA sound levels then it could end bad ;-) Best would been if there would been a digital output on the mixer, if you using a controller software but if u using wheel of steel (Technics 1200-1210) with original vinyls then one have to go with the analog output!
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.
Thanks for the replies @ogs and @JFX ! I'll try it out. My mixer has several outputs (one XLR output and three RCS output: REC, BOOTH and MASTER). Booth and Master have a volume/gain knob on the mixer. So I guess I will try those. In the Devialet configurator, you can edit the properties of the RCA input. In the menu I'll use the RCA 'Line Input' (not the 'Phono Input', because the mixer can also manage CD/Digital inputs). As far as I can see it, there are two options to adjust the sensitivity in the cofigurator: Max Level (Vmrs) and under 'special modes' the 'Pass Thru' option. Is this right, or would you suggest otherwise?
(26-Jul-2021, 19:24)Fairvsfree Wrote: adjust the sensitivity in the cofigurator: Max Level (Vmrs) and under 'special modes' the 'Pass Thru' option. Is this right, or would you suggest otherwise?

I was thinking of the slider in Max Level when I wrote, but setting a dB level for Pass thru should also work. I think Pass thru disables the Devialet volume control so your mixer master volume controls everything.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB