Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.0 turntable to stereo gold phantoms
Hi.

Im considering buying some gold phantoms. Is it possible to connect i turntable vinyl record player to a stereo setup and how?

I have a Rega Planar 3 with phono out and a pro-ject tube pre-amp, which I want to include in the setup.

Thanks. Smile
You just need a phono stage with optical output - or a analogue to digital converter (ADC / A2D) with optical output Smile

Lots out there from £20 (would be more than fine) to £1000s - maybe you could tell the difference if you are a super critical listener Smile

I did it for years myself with a cheapo then upgraded to a M2Tech Joplin mkii - digital phono equaliser with optical out only. Amazing unit one of my most missed toys

Whichever way just optical into 1 of the phantoms and away you go
Hope it helps Smile
(03-May-2020, 17:19)Jamington2004 Wrote: You just need a phono stage with optical output - or a analogue to digital converter (ADC / A2D) with optical output Smile

Lots out there from £20 (would be more than fine) to £1000s - maybe you could tell the difference if you are a super critical listener Smile

I did it for years myself with a cheapo then upgraded to a M2Tech Joplin mkii - digital phono equaliser with optical out only. Amazing unit one of my most missed toys

Whichever way just optical into 1 of the phantoms and away you go
Hope it helps Smile
What if I want to connect a TV via optical as well - at the same time. Is that possible?
Yeah just connect it to the other speaker Smile

And then choose left or right as the source in the App

You can then set the latency to super low for TV
Sweet, thank you!
And it will automatically play in stereo no matter which side I choose as a source?
Yeah - optical is just one of the many ways of getting sound into “the system”, same as airplay, or Bluetooth, or Spotify connect....then the magic happens to stereo the bejesus out of it

Smile