Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.11.3 is released
(22-Sep-2020, 23:26)mingfang Wrote:
(22-Sep-2020, 21:49)cudifying Wrote: You enter Optical Direct Mode by rapidly pressing the Power Button 5 times. To exit Optical Direct Mode, hold it for 7-10 seconds.

I tried this on my two Silvers and it appears to work.
The side effect is the web page on the speakers stopped working and they also disappeared from the IOS app.
So I'm effectively blind.

Also this does not work for my Reactor 900.
Think the Reactors are not supported.

I spoke too soon.
After a few minutes my Silvers appears to revert back "non direct mode".
This is typical Devialet, one step forward two steps backwards.
I am running my phantom golds in optical direct mode. They are still running dos 1. Is there any benefit to be gained from updating to the latest dos2 and then switching over to optical? Sound differences? I see people are having trouble getting the phantoms on dos2 into optical direct mode. Maybe I should just leave them on dos1?
(23-Sep-2020, 04:48)Luvdac Wrote: I am running my phantom golds in optical direct mode. They are still running dos 1. Is there any benefit to be gained from updating to the latest dos2 and then switching over to optical? Sound differences? I see people are having trouble getting the phantoms on dos2 into optical direct mode. Maybe I should just leave them on dos1?
As for now I would keep running DOS1. Why try to fix something that's not broken?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Did Devialet deliberately break remote support so you have to buy the new one?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
(22-Sep-2020, 16:37)cloudkicker Wrote: Anyone having issues with the update? For me it's the same as the previous where it performs the update, says it's completed, but one Phantom is gone and the other isn't working. Maybe I'll have to wait a few hours for it to complete.

I have the same problem. The update seems to be stuck, and the spinning wheel in the app has now been spinning for 4 hours. I heard the sound of the Phantoms restarting, but after that is has been silent. 

Not possible at all to connect to any sound source, and the Phantoms seem dead...
Successfully updated to dos 2 latest. I updated the left phantom gold using the android app. All went well but after the update the app just wouldn't find the speaker. A few restarts later I opened the app on an iPhone and it proceeded to find and pair with the phantom. I then updated the the 2nd phantom gold using the iPhone and evything went thru without a hitch.
Right now connected both phantoms to each other with a single ethernet cable and feeding them with an optical input via the left channel. All working smoothly and to my satisfaction.
Got it resolved via Devialet phone-support.
I had to do a full reset, and set up the system from scratch again. The issue happened most likely due to the Devialet-app not being fully compatible with iOS14.
(23-Sep-2020, 07:31)ragwo Wrote:
(23-Sep-2020, 04:48)Luvdac Wrote: I am running my phantom golds in optical direct mode. They are still running dos 1. Is there any benefit to be gained from updating to the latest dos2 and then switching over to optical? Sound differences? I see people are having trouble getting the phantoms on dos2 into optical direct mode. Maybe I should just leave them on dos1?
As for now I would keep running DOS1. Why try to fix something that's not broken?

I'm on DOS1 too for all my Premieres... I'm thinking of going to DOS2 for my pair of Classics so I can take advantage of the performance improvements.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante