Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.2.2 Update never ends
Hi Guys,

The Roon "Transport: Device in use" error msg has started again and I decided to reload the 13.0.0. firmware. I powered off using button on remote and then unplugged the cable. waited 10 seconds (maybe longer) and then plugged the cable back in. The upgrade starts, then the screen shows the firmware being updated and a minute or so later shows the "upgrading DOS" message. Then this never ends...30 minutes, 1 hour later...still no progress.  I unplugged the cord and then let the machine re-start.

The firware shows as 13.0.0, but I am not sure if it is a full update. Any ideas what to do? 

Roon still gives the error msg. Music stops in between, sometimes restarts, sometimes just stops. Spotify is erratic, the Devialet sometimes shows as an available device, most times does not show up.

is there some kind of factory reset and clean reload option?

Sanjeeb
Before updating the firmware your advised to make a reset. With the Devialet in standby mode press and hold the front button on the amplifier fo five seconds until you see RESET in the display, there is a five second countdown. Then the amplifier will be factory reset.

It’s not normal for the DOS part of the upgrade to take 30 Minutes or more.

Have you got another SD card you can try?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Something sounds wrong.

You will need to provide a bit more detail in terms of streaming software, your network infrastructure, type of connection to your Devialet etc.

Sounds more like a network issue than an actual Devialet issue.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(14-Sep-2018, 16:01)disarmamant Wrote: Before updating the firmware your advised to make a reset. With the Devialet in standby mode press and hold the front button on the amplifier fo five seconds until you see RESET in the display, there is a five second countdown. Then the amplifier will be factory reset.

It’s not normal for the DOS part of the upgrade to take 30 Minutes or more.

Have you got another SD card you can try?

hi disarmamant,
I just tried the reset option. Still the same result. The screen moves to “upgrading dos” and stays stuck. It does not move to “installing dos”.

I reformatted the SD card and tried. Will also try with a separate card.

(14-Sep-2018, 16:32)Drifter Wrote: Something sounds wrong.

You will need to provide a bit more detail in terms of streaming software, your network infrastructure, type of connection to your Devialet etc.

Sounds more like a network issue than an actual Devialet issue.

Hello Drifter,

I use Roon to stream music from my QNAP- TS451+.

The NAS and the Devialet are connected to the same switch...a Linksys SE2800

The Roon server is on a desktop PC (HP Envy i7) that is in a separate room on a different switch, but the same network.

I also run Spotify via the iPad.

I too think it is possibly is a network issue, but can’t quite put my finger on it. Have tried rebooting PC and turning switch on and off.

The thing that confuses me is why the Devialet firmware update does not complete??

My experience as well. Reformatting the SD card, or cards, before applying Firmware updates or new configuration files nearly always solved any problem!! I use an iMac, by the way.
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
From Devialet Help:
Is Your SD Card Formatted Correctly?
Make sure your SD card is formatted in FAT or FAT16. Therefore, we recommend that you format your card from the same computer that was used to generate the configuration file and / or from which you downloaded the firmware. Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(15-Sep-2018, 16:12)K4680 Wrote: From Devialet Help:
Is Your SD Card Formatted Correctly?
Make sure your SD card is formatted in FAT or FAT16. Therefore, we recommend that you format your card from the same computer that was used to generate the configuration file and / or from which you downloaded the firmware. Shy

Hi K4680,

I formatted as instructed and it worked. So now at least the 13.0.0. Firmware is installed right. Smile

Unfortunately, the drops in Roon continue ☹️.

I rebooted the router ...restarted the switch...still no luck.

(15-Sep-2018, 17:54)SanjeebR Wrote: Unfortunately, the drops in Roon continue ☹️.

I rebooted the router ...restarted the switch...still no luck.

As described in bulletpoint #3 in https://devialetchat.com/Thread-No-news-...8#pid77998 i have had drops in RoonAir on daily basis with latest stable firmware 13. I have also got infamous “transport in use” message several times after that post with list of bugs has been written. 
Out of frustration I flashed Devialet with last version of beta firmware a 5 days ago. No more drops since then.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B