Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.8.5 - Password for speaker
(05-Dec-2019, 21:24)Bbnsound Wrote: Awesome!
What's the easiest way to get the IP of my Phantom?

There should be a list of connected devices somewhere in your router.  Where depends on the brand and model.  Google the user guide for your model and you should be able to find it.  

There are also utilities you can scan the network from a PC or mobile.  Two I can recommend are LanScan on Mac and Fing on iPhone, but there are hundreds.
Thanks. I'll just take it from the router then.
I was hoping for an easier way via APP. But couldn't find anything there.

Edit: Works great! I set up a password now. Smile Thanks for your help.
(05-Dec-2019, 21:33)Bbnsound Wrote: Thanks. I'll just take it from the router then.

With all the info you guys shared I was able to password protect Airplay and WiFi, but my Phantom is still accessible to anyone via Bluetooth and this I don’t like at all.

Has anyone figured out a way to prevent access via Bluetooth besides turning the unit off which would be really annoying to do every day. The fact that anyone could blast the Phantom while I’m sleeping is the most disturbing.
(18-Jan-2020, 03:53)NYant69 Wrote:
(05-Dec-2019, 21:33)Bbnsound Wrote: Thanks. I'll just take it from the router then.

With all the info you guys shared I was able to password protect Airplay and WiFi, but my Phantom is still accessible to anyone via Bluetooth and this I don’t like at all.

Has anyone figured out a way to prevent access via Bluetooth besides turning the unit off which would be really annoying to do every day. The fact that anyone could blast the Phantom while I’m sleeping is the most disturbing.
So there is no way to disable Bluetooth? Not in the app, nor the web interface?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Unless I’ve missed something then I know of none.
(18-Jan-2020, 23:22)NYant69 Wrote: Unless I’ve missed something then I know of none.

That's odd - I'm on 2.8.1 and my bluetooth settings match the Devialet Help on Bluetooth, see:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010494239-How-to-play-music-on-Bluetooth-with-Phantom-Premier-with-DOS2-

C
ertainly Bluetooth is not on with my Premier unless I activate it - you have me concerned that 2.8.5 brings back an unwanted 'feature'.

kantblue
(19-Jan-2020, 11:13)kantblue Wrote:
(18-Jan-2020, 23:22)NYant69 Wrote: Unless I’ve missed something then I know of none.

That's odd - I'm on 2.8.1 and my bluetooth settings match the Devialet Help on Bluetooth, see:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010494239-How-to-play-music-on-Bluetooth-with-Phantom-Premier-with-DOS2-

C
ertainly Bluetooth is not on with my Premier unless I activate it - you have me concerned that 2.8.5 brings back an unwanted 'feature'.

kantblue

Dont worry, you are right kantblue. In the Devialet app I need to tap on the Bluetooth tab and then on 'Activate' to turn on Bluetooth. My Phantoms arent discoverable via Bluetooth otherwise. I am on 2.8.5.
(19-Jan-2020, 11:37)cudifying Wrote:
(19-Jan-2020, 11:13)kantblue Wrote:

C

kantblue

Dont worry, you are right kantblue. In the Devialet app I need to tap on the Bluetooth tab and then on 'Activate' to turn on Bluetooth. My Phantoms arent discoverable via Bluetooth otherwise. I am on 2.8.5.

Hi Cudifying
That's a relief - I did have an issue with UPNP once where the volume on my Phantom went up to max - all hell broke loose so I wouldn't want a random stranger to be able to connect via an unsecured bluetooth connection!

I don't like Bluetooth at all - seems prone to random disconnects, not connecting at all, discovery on two different devices in the same room finds different bluetooth options etc - this isn't just on the Phantoms but on headphones, printers etc.

kantblue
[/quote]
Hi Cudifying
That's a relief - I did have an issue with UPNP once where the volume on my Phantom went up to max - all hell broke loose so I wouldn't want a random stranger to be able to connect via an unsecured bluetooth connection!

I don't like Bluetooth at all - seems prone to random disconnects, not connecting at all, discovery on two different devices in the same room finds different bluetooth options etc - this isn't just on the Phantoms but on headphones, printers etc.

kantblue
[/quote]

I had a similar thing happen to me before regarding the max volume incident. I must've somehow turned up the volume on one of my connected iOS devices or while using Audirvana on my Mac/PC.

That scarred me for life and since then ive been using my Phantoms exclusively in optical mode. I purchased a cheap entry level iPad that I use solely as a remote control for Audirvana and adjust the volume of my Phantoms. Software volume control in Audirvana is turned off. Apart from that I only use the Phantom hardware remote to adjust volume. So far I have been able to avoid volume jumps and other annoyances like random disconnects.
Hey guys thru reading your feedback I believe I know why I haven’t been able to prevent access via Bluetooth.

I don’t have firmware 2.8.1 or 2.8.5, my unit was purchased 9 days ago and it came with firmware 2.8.0

When I loaded the iOS Devialet App and pressed the button to make sure I had the latest software and it said I did it just didn’t dawn on me that this would not concurrently make sure the speaker had the latest software as well.

So now my next step will be to get the Phantom up to date with the latest firmware.

So now how do I go about getting to the latest firmware? ?

Must I uploaded to the unit every update between 2.8.0 and 2.8.5 ? Or would just uploading 2.8.5 automatically get me from 2.8.0 to 2.8.5 ?

How many updates have there been from 2.8.0 to 2.8.5 ? Based on naming alone would lead me to believe 5.

And how are these updates even done ?

Sorry for any confusion,
Thanks again for your patience and help.