Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2: November then
Devialet Twitter says DOS2 for Phantom Premier will happen during November. It says they are currently fine-tuning it.

"Bonjour ! Nous y sommes presque ! Ce sera pour courant novembre le temps d'effectuer les dernières vérifications. Excellente journée en musique"

https://twitter.com/DEVIALET/status/1178971358686040066
Will the new SW work with original Phantoms?
(01-Oct-2019, 16:26)riozilla Wrote: Will the new SW work with original Phantoms?
That is what it is supposed to do, as an alternative to Spark.
(01-Oct-2019, 23:08)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(01-Oct-2019, 16:26)riozilla Wrote: Will the new SW work with original Phantoms?
That is what it is supposed to do, as an alternative to Spark.
We will see. There are first and second generation Phantom owners (like me) with devices missing Bluetooth and/or Apple Airplay. I really hope that Dialog will still be part of DOS2 infrastructure as it would eg. be able to accept Airplay (Airplay2?) and potentially could relay streaming and access NAS directly. It is still a smart idea to have a device that manages the sourcing and data distribution, even if you are leaving the room ...

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(02-Oct-2019, 02:45)seb Wrote: We will see. There are first and second generation Phantom owners (like me) with devices missing Bluetooth and/or Apple Airplay. I really hope that Dialog will still be part of DOS2 infrastructure as it would eg. be able to accept Airplay (Airplay2?) and potentially could relay streaming and access NAS directly. It is still a smart idea to have a device that manages the sourcing and data distribution, even if you are leaving the room ...
I used the word "supposed" intentionally because we have only been told vague things. They did say specifically that we will have a choice of Apps. Based on what is known of the Devialet App on the Reactor, we could get:
  • More user friendly, easier to use
  • Better stability of connections
  • Stereo pairing without Dialog
  • Dev App working with Dialog ?
Unknown is how much the accompanying firmware on the Phantoms will improve things within the Phantom. There is also wishful (I think!) thinking that RAAT will be introduced then.

November is not that far away...
Finally. Can't wait.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime