Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DOS2 Optical Direct Instructions
Hi Everyone,
Quick updated from my conversations with Devialet. The reactors are still hard coded to 190ms when in custom install mode. There is a feature request in place to lower it but they haven't given me a timeline for its implementation. They also haven't recommended that I upgrade my classics to 2.11.5 so I'm still at 2.11.3. The classics are running great and I haven't experienced any issues. I'm on the fence on upgrading the rest of my speakers to the latest DOS2.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Hello all
Sorry for this, but can someone explain the direct optical option and why you would do this please?

I have an optical connection to my phantoms (classics) which registers on the dev app as ‘audio stream’ optical under aux option. Is this different? If so, what potential benefit would there be for me to change this to ‘direct optical’?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18-Nov-2020, 12:08)tsmithpam Wrote: Hello all
Sorry for this, but can someone explain the direct optical option and why you would do this please?

I have an optical connection to my phantoms (classics) which registers on the dev app as ‘audio stream’ optical under aux option. Is this different? If so, what potential benefit would there be for me to change this to ‘direct optical’?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's the info you need:
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Direct-O...cal+Direct
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage