Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 Stereo Setup
(27-Sep-2020, 08:58)ragwo Wrote:
(27-Sep-2020, 05:09)scotthar Wrote: Hi, related question - about DOS2 and using the Dialog or not with a stereo pair.  I'm running DOS2 and using the Dialog, with two pairs of phantoms.
The dialog is the best Optical source i have found for me.   The speakers are on the wall or in another room , with Ethernet and power but no optical cable to the speakers.  

I'm curious if i could get two dialogs working to have two optical sources. one dialog source for each "Pair"

i know i can use the optical input on the speakers but the speaker input is not conveniently placed like the dialog is with the rest of the source gear.

1) is there a better way to connect optical under DOS2? 

2) Has anyone tried more than 1 dialog?  I presume it would just work as another device on the network and in the app to assign?

thanks!
scott

I contacted Devialet Support about using several Dialogs a couple of months ago and they said it wasn't possible, nor did they plan to make it possible.
HI ragwo/others - , have you ever gotten any other specific info from Devialet about the future of the dialog?

Concern is - Not so much its will evolve or not as originally promised but the functionality it provides will continue to work? 
I am seeing repeated messaging that is not at all promising for the future of the dialog.
I hope i am reading the silence and lack of definitive roadmap wrong.

I've posed a very direct and specific inquiry to devialet and will share via a new thread the info received.
(30-Sep-2020, 21:15)scotthar Wrote:
(27-Sep-2020, 08:58)ragwo Wrote:
(27-Sep-2020, 05:09)scotthar Wrote: Hi, related question - about DOS2 and using the Dialog or not with a stereo pair.  I'm running DOS2 and using the Dialog, with two pairs of phantoms.
The dialog is the best Optical source i have found for me.   The speakers are on the wall or in another room , with Ethernet and power but no optical cable to the speakers.  

I'm curious if i could get two dialogs working to have two optical sources. one dialog source for each "Pair"

i know i can use the optical input on the speakers but the speaker input is not conveniently placed like the dialog is with the rest of the source gear.

1) is there a better way to connect optical under DOS2? 

2) Has anyone tried more than 1 dialog?  I presume it would just work as another device on the network and in the app to assign?

thanks!
scott

I contacted Devialet Support about using several Dialogs a couple of months ago and they said it wasn't possible, nor did they plan to make it possible.
HI ragwo/others - , have you ever gotten any other specific info from Devialet about the future of the dialog?

Concern is - Not so much its will evolve or not as originally promised but the functionality it provides will continue to work? 
I am seeing repeated messaging that is not at all promising for the future of the dialog.
I hope i am reading the silence and lack of definitive roadmap wrong.

I've posed a very direct and specific inquiry to devialet and will share via a new thread the info received.

Sorry, I have no specific information on the future of the Dialog. Please keep us updated!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage