Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 And Phantom
Hi all
Just wondering about who of you that has this combo home?
Im thinking of bying the dspeaker
Best
Johan
I have owned the antimode... pricey solution tho...It's meant for bass correction mostly.. works relatively well and is an easy setup etc.. self contained mic

I would rather use Acourate or dirac or a miniDSP
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
ah thanx! been start reading about the minidsp, whats the main differents?
your best bet is the openDRC di
It can take the filters generated by acouratedrc or any othe FIR filter program and has a 6 band parametric eq as well.. so you can do full correction and tune to taste after
$299 and Eu70 for acouratedrc.. add $80 for the umik1 mic
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
I do have the DSPeaker 2.0, and I also used it as a pre-amp / DAC in my former set-up,.
Cannot rave enough of the benefits the DSPeaker, the room correction is yes for the bass only BUT you have to know that those are the frequencies that generates the biggest issues. It so as well have an extensive EQ for personal tweaks.
I will soon hook the DSPeaker to my Phantom pairs, cannot say when that happens, and you can find a used DSPeaker for $4-500 which is a great value IMO.
I did not want to use Dirac as that meant I had to have my computer on...and I wanted my Sonos system to be independent
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
What do you think about minidspDDRC-22D ?
I want it to maybe fix some issues with placement and a sidewall thats to close the right speaker
DDRC is a lot more expensive , $899 and it does not really do anything a lot better than AcourateDRC and opendrc di.. Dirac allows you to limit correction vs acouratec that does full freq correction by default AND has a parametric which dirac does not have
I use DIRAC but also have the openDRC box .. the big fly in the oinkment is that the openDRC will only do 24/48 and not 24/96

Dirac and Acourate correct in the time and freq domain , will measure both speakers and do any corrections like if one speaker is near a boundary and is louder etc
The net effects of both are inhanced imaging , better balance, more impacrt and they both solve any bass issues you may have
I could not live without room and bass correction.. its not a subtle difference at all
i have quite much music in 24/96 so then i have to go for the dirac?
Hi are there any simple digital EQ devices with simple controls on the box instead of needing software on a computer?

Thanks
Jamie 
Jamie,

I think the Dspeaker 2.0 is your solution. Just my opinion.