Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DXD 24-bit/352.8 kHz on Devialet?
I've really been enjoying DSD playback on my Devialet 800.  Already acquired 9 64fs DSD albums from various sites.  My favorite is a beautiful album of Philip Glass Metamorphosis/The Hours transcribed for the Harp.

Over on the Native DSD site they have some free sample files available, many at different DSD bitrates (64fs, 128fs and 256fs, in both 2 and multi-channel).  We're limited to 64fs 2-channel for the Devialet for now—which sound great.  But a couple of tracks are available in DXD format, which I understand are 24-bit/352.8kHz PCM files packaged as WAVs.  Here's where you can find them (free but you need to register as a user).

https://members.nativedsd.com/albums/jus...ompilation

I was hoping to stream them via USB from my Mac to the Devialet, but can't figure out how to do this, or if it's even possible.  My Roon Labs app doesn't recognize them and Audacity seems to convert them to 44.1 for playback.  I believe the Devialet is doing 40/384 internally, but not sure what the limits are for inputs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
muski
Nope, support for PCM up to 24/192 and DSD64 only.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(24-Jun-2015, 00:32)muski Wrote: My favorite is a beautiful album of Philip Glass Metamorphosis/The Hours transcribed for the Harp.

Where did you get it from, if I could ask?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
If i am correct, it's this one: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1485
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(24-Jun-2015, 11:33)miro Wrote:
(24-Jun-2015, 00:32)muski Wrote: My favorite is a beautiful album of Philip Glass Metamorphosis/The Hours transcribed for the Harp.

Where did you get it from, if I could ask?

From Native DSD...

https://channelclassics.nativedsd.com/al...-the-hours

best,
muski