Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daisy-chaining
Devialet advertises that you can daisy chain up to 8 D800s (or is it 8 D250's?).  

Can anyone explain what the possible configurations and associated ratings are?  Is bi-amping necessary in these modes or can you have full dual mono (so that's 2,400w at 6ohms per channel??).

Has anyone actually done this?  I hear you need a special configuration that only Devialet can do for you (cant use the Configurator).  Any feedback on performance??
(05-Mar-2016, 18:56)JRIGGS Wrote: Devialet advertises that you can daisy chain up to 8 D800s (or is it 8 D250's?).  

Can anyone explain what the possible configurations and associated ratings are?  Is bi-amping necessary in these modes or can you have full dual mono (so that's 2,400w at 6ohms per channel??).

Has anyone actually done this?  I hear you need a special configuration that only Devialet can do for you (cant use the Configurator).  Any feedback on performance??

I think that in the configurator you can put in 8 amplifiers  and have them as mono amps so you get 8 channels of power, the amps are only daisy chaind on the input side not the output.

Devialet uses this configuration on some fairs with B&W Nautilus speakers that needs 8ch of power for a pair of speakers.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(07-Mar-2016, 06:58)octaviars Wrote:
(05-Mar-2016, 18:56)JRIGGS Wrote: Devialet advertises that you can daisy chain up to 8 D800s (or is it 8 D250's?).  

I think that in the configurator you can put in 8 amplifiers  and have them as mono amps so you get 8 channels of power, the amps are only daisy chaind on the input side not the output.

Devialet uses this configuration on some fairs with B&W Nautilus speakers that needs 8ch of power for a pair of speakers.

So if I don't have external crossovers and have speakers (the MBL 101mkIIs) with 4 speakers posts, the maximum I can do it use two pairs of the D800/D900's in bi-amp mode which will output 800/900w into the low-mid/bass and 800/900w into the mids/highs of each speaker??
(07-Mar-2016, 08:01)JRIGGS Wrote:
(07-Mar-2016, 06:58)octaviars Wrote:

So if I don't have external crossovers and have speakers (the MBL 101mkIIs) with 4 speakers posts, the maximum I can do it use two pairs of the D800/D900's in bi-amp mode which will output 800/900w into the low-mid/bass and 800/900w into the mids/highs of each speaker??

I would think that is correct but I am not 100%.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I am also interested in Daisy-chaining, but alway wonder if speakers indeed need 800W into mids/highs..
please share your experience if you did it before !