Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dante, Atmos and Arvus H1-D
Has anyone read about the impending Arvus H1-D?

* HDMI to Dante / AES67 only.
*Small (similar formfactor to the Apple4K)
*Price well under USD3k including freight
*Performance and GUI will be identical to H2-4D.
*eARC / HDMI Pass-through will be supported.
*Samples ready for testing around April
*Aiming for the first Beta run to be completed December 2023.
*Given the rate of Atmos adoption across in the entire audio market, we can see that this unit could be a great seller.
*Further information to be released in coming newsletters.

CODECS and SOFTWARE supported will be:

DOLBY Atmos
DTS-X
IMAX Enhanced
Auro3D
MPEG-H
Sony360
DIRAC
Crestron
Q-Sys
….plus others

HARDWARE Features:

HDMI 2.1 Input
HDMI 2.1 pass-through Output with full eARC support
DANTE / AES67 Output
High quality separate DAC / Headphone Amplifier (6.5mm jack)
Remote Control
System Reset button
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Separate power supply input

It seems to me with something like this and 2 Phantom Golds + 4 Reactor Customs you can easily have a 6.6 setup, cost-effectively, and SMALL. The device even has a remote control! Thought maybe eARC can be used instead to control volume?

I don't understand enough about DIRAC to get how this part works, but could this one box be enough to distribute a dolby signal to all my Phantoms?
(17-Jul-2023, 13:39)booshtukka Wrote: Has anyone read about the impending Arvus H1-D?
This is worth reading
https://www.stereophile.com/content/arvu...ications-0

(17-Jul-2023, 13:39)booshtukka Wrote: I don't understand enough about DIRAC to get how this part works, but could this one box be enough to distribute a dolby signal to all my Phantoms?
I assume you mean Dante rather than Dirac?  Please have a look at this diagram from my old post/
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...6#pid85786
The H24D would replace the AV Processor and Dante AVIO Analog inputs.  If your Phantoms do not have Dante built in, you will need the Ethernet to Optical converters.

It is similar to the JBL SDP-55 but cheaper.
https://www.jblsynthesis.com/products/el...P-55-.html
No I understand Dante. But I do have a weird shaped living room and DIRAC is listed as supported. So would I have to measure the room with a microphone and PC and then send the settings to it? I don’t get how that works.
Also I saw the H24D. But im talking about the unreleased H1-D. The problem with the JBL and and H24D is they do a ton of stuff I don’t need them to. This upcoming product appears to just have Dante outputs in a tiny box, for a third of the price. This sounds like the holy grail to me.
Your diagram which is seen before shows a signal going from digital > analogue > digital (Dante) - this box would keep everything in the digital realm.

Sorry for the multiple replies. Want to be clear that I’m asking about the unreleased box, not existing hardware.
My apologies, I did not realise thatyou were asking about the to be released product.

The H1-D seems to be a digital only box, whereas H24D has both digital and analogue outputs. Not sure how you arrived at a third of the price. According to your post, it is $3K, but the H24D is $5K according to Stereophile.

Dirac will simply process the digital input and apply its filters to each output channel, no different to any Dirac device.
I think it's likely to be more like $2.5k, and I don't need to buy any other processors, or ADCs/DACs. Maybe I'm exaggerating. But still, a lot more reasonably affordable.

I've seen where people buy separate Dirac processors - so this seems like I wouldn't need to. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but I seem to often see people buy multiple products in a chain, whereas this is just one…
(17-Jul-2023, 13:39)booshtukka Wrote: Has anyone read about the impending Arvus H1-D?

* HDMI to Dante / AES67 only.
*Small (similar formfactor to the Apple4K)
*Price well under USD3k including freight
*Performance and GUI will be identical to H2-4D.
*eARC / HDMI Pass-through will be supported.
*Samples ready for testing around April
*Aiming for the first Beta run to be completed December 2023.
*Given the rate of Atmos adoption across in the entire audio market, we can see that this unit could be a great seller.
*Further information to be released in coming newsletters.

CODECS and SOFTWARE supported will be:

DOLBY Atmos
DTS-X
IMAX Enhanced
Auro3D
MPEG-H
Sony360
DIRAC
Crestron
Q-Sys
….plus others

HARDWARE Features:

HDMI 2.1 Input
HDMI 2.1 pass-through Output with full eARC support
DANTE / AES67 Output
High quality separate DAC / Headphone Amplifier (6.5mm jack)
Remote Control
System Reset button
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Separate power supply input

It seems to me with something like this and 2 Phantom Golds + 4 Reactor Customs you can easily have a 6.6 setup, cost-effectively, and SMALL. The device even has a remote control! Thought maybe eARC can be used instead to control volume?

I don't understand enough about DIRAC to get how this part works, but could this one box be enough to distribute a dolby signal to all my Phantoms?

Dirac should work as other amp / dsp. A computer runs Dirac Live (Mac or PC) with an internet connection (on the same network) (important because the app is based on Dirac cloud services for calculation). The computer is connected to a microphone (generally a USB One) like mini-dsp umik1 (or umik2). In some case microphone is an option or packed with the processor (ex JBL Synthesis, even if the microphone is basic). On Amp / dsp side you have to start the room calibration sequence. The amp / dsp will be recognized by Dirac live. Now you're able to start the room calibration. After doing all the measurements, the calibration profile will be injected into the amp / dsp. Now your room is calibrated. (You can have a look on Youtube on Stormaudio channel, there are some training about Dirac Live (and Dirac ART)
So can I do the Dirac calibration on another device then upload the settings?
(06-Sep-2023, 22:10)booshtukka Wrote: So can I do the Dirac calibration on another device then upload the settings?

With the H2-4D, as I know there is no Dirac license so I would say no. With the next product, Matthew the CEO from Arvus told me that Dirac (I suppose Dirac Live (and not ART) will be available on H1-D
-- Yondu --

Main System Devialet D-Premier (Black) / Atohm GT1 (Black)
Secondary System Phantom Silver Stereo