Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dante emmbeded Premier
Does anyone know if they make Dante emmbeded phantom premier's? i know the reactors can be done but would love to see this on the premiers

https://www.devialet.com/en-au/phantom-s...or-custom/

Would love to know
(05-Jan-2021, 22:23)NAS1819 Wrote: Does anyone know if they make Dante emmbeded phantom premier's? i know the reactors can be done but would love to see this on the premiers

I don't think current Premiers will do Dante directly. The only way is this dongle that connects to the optical input:

It may even be discontinued now that Reactor has built-in Dante support
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(05-Jan-2021, 22:51)ogs Wrote:
(05-Jan-2021, 22:23)NAS1819 Wrote: Does anyone know if they make Dante emmbeded phantom premier's? i know the reactors can be done but would love to see this on the premiers

I don't think current Premiers will do Dante directly. The only way is this dongle that connects to the optical input:

It may even be discontinued now that Reactor has built-in Dante support

correct that's what i have now, would love to bypass this if possible and go directly via ethernet
I've said this before: I am sure Devialet regrets (very much) not enabling Dante on the ethernet input of Phantom Premiers. Installers probably love Phantoms for being small and at the same time proper full range plus good sound quality. The dongle is a workaround and a nuisance.
The installer version of Reactors have Dante, even the CI streamer board of Expert Pro amps have solder pads for an Audinate chip. Maybe the next version of Phantom Premier does Dante?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(05-Jan-2021, 23:58)ogs Wrote: I've said this before: I am sure Devialet regrets (very much) not enabling Dante on the ethernet input of Phantom Premiers. Installers probably love Phantoms for being small and at the same time proper full range plus good sound quality. The dongle is a workaround and a nuisance.
The installer version of Reactors have Dante, even the CI streamer board of Expert Pro amps have solder pads for an Audinate chip. Maybe the next version of Phantom Premier does Dante?

I sure hope so, that would be a game changer